Mysterious Trouble Hosting Game

FlyinVR6

Whenever I host a game (no matter how many people have joined) people seem to get booted approx. 1 - 3 minutes into the game. To test why this is happening I disabled my firewall & antivirus and everything still happens the same exact way. I am not running any mods....I am only using GR, DS, IT. System specs are WIN 2K Pro / P4 2.4 / 512 DDR / GeForce4 Ti4200 / Soundblaster Live / and a cable modem that is tweaked beyond belief as per many hours testing DL & UL speeds on DSLreports.com & speedguide.net. I can join any game that a friend may host and play without any problem from start to end. When I host, people who join my game say that initially see a nice ping anywhere from 40 - 120 while in the mp screen. The game will load fine without booting anyone, but once in the game people will start getting booted after a minute or so of flawless play. This has happened consistently ever since I've installed GR. For the first time today I uninstalled GR then installed it again. Everything went perfectly well with that process, but when I tried to host a game the problem was still there. I am willing to try any suggestions that you may have. Thanks in advance for your help.

-FlyinVR6

<[F2B]>

Is Your Firewall set to be an App. that Loads in Boot Order like Most ?

If so try this...

Click on Start >> Run >> And then type the following Command ;

MSCONFIG.

Now go to Your Start-Up or Boot Order Tab and Deselect Your Firewall so it will NOT Load as the PC Boots Up. Then try to Host some MP Games.

Reason I'm thinking of going this way is that maybe ( Depending on what type of Firewall You're running ) That Your Firewall may be setting up Connection Protocols when Your PC is Booting Up, and then when You disable Your Firewall - The Protocols are not being reset to what You need to Host "GR".

I'm kinda stumped with this one, as You probably have a Static IP ( Or others wouldn't even be able to Join You ) and that doesn't seem to be Your Issue here.

That being said - What I detailed above is an Easy Test and Simple to Restore if It does not go as desired.

Try it - It can't hurt. Please post with Your Results ( If any ).

;)

Sincerely,

Done. I changed the startup and there was no firewall at all that showed upon reboot. I had a friend join my game and the same thing happened again. This problem does not exist when I host other games such as MOH. One question I have is about the options.xml file. Under the multiplayer heading in that file there is an item titled GameSyncTimeout and it is set to 600.0000 by default. What is this and what does it do? I figured that I would have to change an in game setting since I do not have this problem when I host other games. The only real settings to be changed are within the options.xml file because I have tried all other settings within the OPTIONS screen of GR. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

-FlyinVR6

Hmmmm - That may be what is Your Issue but Mine is set to be the same, and I have no Problems at all Hosting with Me being 56K Even.

You can try to Bump that Number up but I wouldn't go any Farther than 999.9999 as another Digit and You'll be settling with 1000.0000 which I don't believe the Engine will accept. It may Infact accept it, but I have not tried this Myself and can provide No INTEL to You in that Regard.

It would be nice if Someone Else ( Besides You and I who have the same Value there ) could take a Look at that Figure / Check theirs in their Own options.xml File / Find the Value to be Higher / Then Post that Value here so We'd know if Its even Possible.

Sincerely,