Larocket83 Paintball Mod

larocket83

I am nearly finished with this Tippmann A5 paintball marker. This is the first piece of work of mine that I consider quality. A couple of the textures weren't at a high enough resolution, so they are blurry, especially the Tippmann A5 logo on the side of the body. Other than that, I'd like to hear what you think. Thanks.

a5png.png

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good. I want to get a variety of markers in the mod. My problem is going to be the ballistics of the guns. I want to make the ammo fall more like a grenade from a grenade launcher, just go farther. If anybody is good at modding gun specs i could use some help in that area.

Oh man that would be a huge help. I don't want to go through all those specs . I have tried and never get it quite right. Thanks for the offer, I'll have to take you up on that. I've been looking into your suggestions earlier and found a few that could be quite sweet. (If I can do them justice with my modelling skills :rolleyes: )

From what I see of your Tippman A5 you have good modding skills...all you need to do is make some more models and different size CO2 bottles(which would determine ammo count in the .gun file). Basically you could model paintballs in MaX the size of real paintballs by seeing if they fit in the barrel of the marker...oh yeah make sure to make all barrels the same .58 cal size :thumbsup:

If you want, I know how to export models into game and I could do the .gun files and projectile files...only problem i can see is getting good sounds...my first marker I owned was a Samurai $40 POS and it made the loudest cracking noise when firing...I'd draw fire instantly and my damn thing couldn't shoot more than 20 feet without deviating greatly in trajectory....even in low-wind conditions. However I usually did pretty good against guys with BlackDraguns and Pirahna's in one on one games...don't ask how :ph34r: well actually damn good flanking maneuevers, hiding behind ample-sized trees, and having the balls to charge someone whilst firing :devil: ah the joys of PB...

Well I can export the models into GR, and make the .gun files, just don't know a lot about the velocities and accuracy, distance and such. I've been thinking about the sounds for a while. I think I'm going to get my gun and some of my friend's guns and record them onto .wav files. I don't know about the sound quality though. After I put the models in game it actually looked better than the render that i posted. No blurriness or anything. Can't figure out why.

I am working on making my textures easier to work with, so instead of using the 5 different textures that i have now, i used render to texture and turned it into 1 texture in max. Why though does it look terrible in the "working" window and good in the render? Will it look like the render in-game, or that cut-up looking "working" window?

a5bad.jpg

a5good.jpg

looks really good, what's the poly count. the reason i ask is it looks as though you have used poly hoggs in the number of sides on the cylinders. less sides will be just as good in game, and it will not lag slow machine's. as for the logo, if you have photo shop you can reproduce them very well using the text tool. keep it up, another fun twist for GR.

cheers......

Well the polycount is like 8000, so yeah its a lot. I don't know how I can go back and change the number of sides because it is already editable mesh. I am fairly new to max, so if there is a way besides optimize I'd love to know.

Edit: I tried optimize and it completely screwed over my UV maps. The textures are all distorted etc.

Edited by larocket83

I'm so happy. You are right. I put it in the game, and it looked great. That saves a lot of mb worth of textures in my mod. I'm glad i figured that out. From now on my models will be less polygons if I can help it. What would you recommend for a cylinder that will look good in GR, as far as sides go?