CoD 6: MW2 -$59.99 price for PC version

dporter

Currently there will be three versions of the game you can get; regular edition, collectors, and the prestige edition (comes with NVG, still not sure though if this will be avaiable to PC gamers).

The shocker for me was that the PC edition is going to be $59.99 instead of the regular $49.99. With it being a port and since we always get updates later then the console version I'm a bit peaved at the extra cost.

What's even stranger imo is how console games have been 59.99 since this gen cam out, yet you could theoretically have more "next-gen" graphics on a PC, ie higher res and sharper textures. Yet the PC was $10 lower. I guess I'm getting old because I felt like breaking the $50 barrier was bad news all around but it doesn't seem to have slowed game sales. I know games cost more to make and blah blah, but was the 10 dollar jump from one gen to the next really justified. I think $55 would have been more appropriate for the generation "jump." The PC is constantly evolving but games still seemed reasonably priced. In some ways, I'm surprised they didn't jack PC prices for games to 59.99 when there was a console version too.

Bottom line is, they know they can do it, and they know people will buy it for each system. The sad thing is everyone else will follow suit. So, I guess this is the start of 59.99 PC games(or whatever your country's equivalent is)?

In the recent past some huge PC-titles already cost 59,99$. So far it didn't spread.

But def not all shops will sell it for that price. At release day just look around your local stores or at your nearest mall. There is always shops selling it cheap the first couple of days.