Revived Interest

The trailer makes it look so realistic..I like it and if the game looks as good, it's a sale.

Just one more thing...I know many of you 'hardcore' bodies don't favour the Kinect aspect. Well, there's others that do except that, to apply it to weapons selection only is a big let-down. I can't imagine it's beyond UBI's coders to integrate it as a switchable option, in the game proper. There's surely no lack of opportunity...Head movements, weapons handling, voice command etc. It would make it more attractive to wider audience and put out front of anything else in the market right now.

Evenso, if it plays as well as the original on PC, I'll be happy.

Yup it's a looker of a game, signs are that it Ubisoft is pulling out all the stops going for broke with this one (perhaps literally), and that it will be pretty neat. The only hitch that has me wary is the DRM which sounds very onerous; from the sound of things Ubisoft is trying to move to the Microsoft Windows one license per machine model, and the DRM is rather limited in how a machine is defined (thread with more info and comments here). I don't know about you but the idea of not being able to play a premium priced 'AAA' title if I upgrade my machine, or fry and replace a part leaves me feeling a little wary. Also while the 'always on' aspect of the DRM worked pretty well for for me with Splinter Cell: Conviction, a lot of people have had a miserable experience. Generally I think things will be alright, it's not in Ubisoft's best interest to pee on the hand that feeds them, but sometimes it doesn't seem they're looking where they're aiming...

:)

Yup it's a looker of a game, signs are that it Ubisoft is pulling out all the stops going for broke with this one (perhaps literally), and that it will be pretty neat. The only hitch that has me wary is the DRM which sounds very onerous; from the sound of things Ubisoft is trying to move to the Microsoft Windows one license per machine model, and the DRM is rather limited in how a machine is defined (thread with more info and comments here). I don't know about you but the idea of not being able to play a premium priced 'AAA' title if I upgrade my machine, or fry and replace a part leaves me feeling a little wary. Also while the 'always on' aspect of the DRM worked pretty well for for me with Splinter Cell: Conviction, a lot of people have had a miserable experience. Generally I think things will be alright, it's not in Ubisoft's best interest to pee on the hand that feeds them, but sometimes it doesn't seem they're looking where they're aiming...

:)

I sympathise, but I haven't locked horns with DRM as I play only single player. What does worry me is whether or not I'll be able to get GRFS to run reasonably on my Laptop! It's an acer Aspire 6530 and has a good spec. It runs GRAW2 ok, if I reduce graphics settings. Other option is iPad3! which I pick up on Monday. It's A5X dual core processor enhances graphics processing and Apple's blurb shows it running games, but I suspect GRFS is not compatible...anybody know for sure?

Edited by tecmic

I sympathise, but I haven't locked horns with DRM as I play only single player. What does worry me is whether or not I'll be able to get GRFS to run reasonably on my Laptop! It's an acer Aspire 6530 and has a good spec. It runs GRAW2 ok, if I reduce graphics settings. Other option is iPad3! which I pick up on Monday. It's A5X dual core processor enhances graphics processing and Apple's blurb shows it running games, but I suspect GRFS is not compatible...anybody know for sure?

While it's uncertain if you Acer Aspire will run GR:FS for a fact till Ubisoft publishes a PC spec, I'd guess it has a better then even chance as the iterations of the YETI engine I've played with now (LOST and GR:O) the engine seems to have render efficiency on par with Diesel (the engine under GRAW2).

The iPad3 however is an ARM processor platform, and while it does support an OpenGL render backplane that should theoretically make console game ports possible, we're still quite a ways from here to there -- and Ubisoft has not announced any such intentions (to my knowledge), so my hunch is not for the current generation of games except for a few titles where that's been explicitly announced...

:huh:

Edited by 101459

I sympathise, but I haven't locked horns with DRM as I play only single player

That's the thing: you can't play single-player without jumping through the DRM hoops, and if the game is good (like the original Ghost Recon), locking the game into one machine makes it impossible to keep playing 10 years down the road.