Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Hey guys..

like alot of us that have the audigy series cards... mosst of u prob have the CMSS and all the EAX effects on ur comps in the audio console in the creative settings...

I just wanna know if when CMSS is enabled.. is that just for MP3s or is it enable for every sound on ur pc??? like with EAX effects, if i put reverb say on an MP3, even when i play a game/watch a movie the reverb stays on.

I just wanna know if this is the same with CMSS, i currently have it on just normal "CMSS" but i have an option of "CMSS 2" or "stereo sound".

Or should i just turn it all off completely?

Hey guys..

like alot of us that have the audigy series cards... mosst of u prob have the CMSS and all the EAX effects on ur comps in the audio console in the creative settings...

I just wanna know if when CMSS is enabled.. is that just for MP3s or is it enable for every sound on ur pc??? like with EAX effects, if i put reverb say on an MP3, even when i play a game/watch a movie the reverb stays on.

I just wanna know if this is the same with CMSS, i currently have it on just normal "CMSS" but i have an option of "CMSS 2" or "stereo sound".

Or should i just turn it all off completely?

Best sound with normal cmss in games.

I just ran the demo with CMSS disabled, and i think it sounds so much better. CMSS seems to put to much focus on the L and R speakers... Seeing as i have a 5.1 setup, without the CMSS... front speakers are much louder, and the centre only produces the dialogue, while my rears doing all the effects like it all should be doing..

i dunno.. personally i think this sounds much better... anyone else with similar setup give it a shot and let me know watu think.

Just to add more, enable CMSS when using headphones, make sure speaker settings are set to headphones, enable CMSS and you have virtual surround effects happening thru your stereo headphones.

Always have it disabled when using your normal (5.1) speakers. Leave it on if you only have stereo speakers.