Frame Rate Utility?

Dark Ranger

I remember back in the old forums, Nemon posted a topic on how to increase your framerates. Well, I was going to check on a few other things mentioned, but here's my issue. GR is capped at 60 FPS. So I ran ReFresh Force and it changed the Max FR to 85 FPS. I'm running 85Hz refresh rate for my CRT. So how can someone have 100 FPS or 140 FPS when most CRT's can't refresh that high, let alone LCD panels. I tried disabling V-sync for kicks, but it didn't seem to help any. Is there any other utility to break the capped FPS permanently?

TIA

I too asked the same question, and I got a great deal of responses that explained alot. Basically your frame rate is defined by a few things (and people, please correct me if I'm wrong): your video card settings--v-sync on or off? My card leaves it up to the software, and I'm happy with the result; the speed of your computer--how fast can the computer and the video card draw your picture? Is your computer bogged down with a bunch of background programs?; the refresh rate of your monitor--if the monitor refresh rate is at 60 Hz, then all you'll get is right around 60 FPS. The thing to keep in mind is that when you starting geting above 60 FPS, the human eye can't won't notice anything choppy. If you're getting 60 or above, that's great, you're in there....

Well, thanks for the replies. I am running a pretty good system, so I don't know why it doesn't have higher frame rates. MadOnion 3D Mark2001SE tests showed the system pulling over 300FPS in some tests...so I know the system can do it. But anyway, I just got a new mobo, so I'll try it again, who knows, maybe I'll succeed this time. :)