Graw2 Download & Install Missions Difficulties

Major problems locating and installing missions. I will go step by step showing what I am doing, review these step by steps and tell me where I am going wrong:

1. Graw2 is installed on my computer in the Program File (86)/ UBISOFT/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2/custom_level/. I have the latest update of Graw2 (1.05....).

2. Bundle file in the custom_level folder is unzipped. The unzipped missions are the files that Ghost Recon see's and loads. There are 1 or more of these missions in the "bundle". The mission loaded to play is selected by the Server and I select the Server. If the mission unzipped from the bundle is the correct version, then it is loaded.

3. Problems downloading the correct version from this web side:

a. Trying to find the mission is difficult. Typing the full name or partial for search returns 0 found.

b. Scanning for the file is time consuming, when found, I follow the above steps and the server still says wrong version.

Sure seems simple, but ......

Thanks for your help.

Tom1935

Thanks twcrash, I could find the listing of missions but had difficulties finding a particular file. I did finally determine that all you need to do in the "search" is enter a one word file name without the group/author/etc. and a listing of all the files would appear, i.e. enter example "manoses" and a listing of all the files that had "manoses" and the entire file name would be shown.

My problem, a game is playing and I needed the mission, at time I would already have the zip file and would to what was outlined in my previous post, the program would not run. I do not use steam, but have the program loaded on my computer. The installation puts the file in directories:

Drive C in my case.

subdirectory "program files (86)"

subdirectory "UBISOFT"

subdirectory "Ghose Recon Advanced warfighter 2"

subdirectory "Custom_Levels", this is where I put the bundle files after unzipping the zip file that's located in my download directory.

This is all that I do, program still does not find the mission.

It really doesn't matter where you load Graw2, i.e., Drive D, and any subdirectory, and the format above is done within my desired D drive subdirectory.

If anyone see's no problems with this procedure, let me know and I will look elsewhere in my computer for something else causing my problem. I have used the procedure in Drive C and also in Drive D in any directory I desire, nothing works.

Thanks

Tom1935

I believe I have resolved all my issues. I will share what I have found for those who may have the same problems.

If you don't have your own missions on your computer, you can get what you need from GhostRecon.net. Download the file you want by using "search" and entering a one word name of the mission name. Leave off grouping, author, day, night, Version. Place the file anywhere you desire, just don't forget where it is....

Inside the folder, put the contents of the zip files into the "custom_levels" folder located in the "Ghost Recon advance warfighter 2" directory.

At this point, when I run my graw2 program under multiplayer, I get a listing of Servers active. I pick the Server I want, the program tells me I have the wrong version. Its been years playing the game, I don't remember having to take the next step that follows.

After the program won't run because of wrong version, I exit out of graw2 and re-enter the game. I again select the servier I want and It runs. This is time consuming, like I said, I don't remember doing this years ago...

If anyone loads missions and they run without re-entering the program directly, let me know how you do it. It could be that because I am not exiting graw2, I just quick exit to explorer with graw2 still running, and obtain the correct mission version. In the past, I am out of graw2 and then start graw2 and the mission works. This could be my problem.

Thanks all, hope you learn something from this rambling........

Tom1935

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like it to me.

In my past experience, you load missions/maps into correct folder, then start the game up. As long as you have the same version of the mission as the server you are connecting to, there should be no problem.

Pretty sure you cannot have the game running, tab out of it, load another mission version into custom levels, then tab back into the game and select it to play.......you have to come out of the game completely for this to work.

Also, I have come across in the past that certain maps can interfere with eachother if left in the custom levels folder and prevent you from playing the latest one you installed.

Get into a habit of having the latest maps in the custom levels folder only and installing new maps even before you start the game up. If you do this, you shouldnt have any problems.

cjo1964

Thanks Clo1964, seems you have understood what I was trying to say. So far I have not had any problems with different versions of a game interfering with each other, but will keep my eye on that. One of my greatest problems was finding and download missions from this site. I had the feeling I had to search using "exact" title, found out all you need is one word, the main word in the name and I would get a few choices and select from that. After finding this out, downloading on the fly is much easier. Getting out of the game completely was another big discovery in order for a mission to work.

Anyway, thanks for understanding, maybe others reading our posts will get some help from this.

A suggestion to those who want to play "TDM is to log in, even when there is no player there and wait, there are players that want to play but don't just sit there waiting for others to show up. I have done this and waited and someone joins in and before you know it, we have several players joining. Just a suggestion for those interested in "TDM", this procedure is needed until the game's build back up the way they were, just hang in there and we will eventually get there..

Thanks, and have a good day...

Tom1935