Renaming gun files

Radiator

Brettzie, just an idea with the BlackHawkDown map coop version. can I or YOU :thumbsup: , LOL, make a gun setup as a custom prop. So all the guns in the rules will not conflict with your mod, so I rename the MRC to rad_mrc, then in the mission rules, I'll have create_weapon = rad_mrc.

Rad..

Edited by Tinker
Renamed topic

Brettzie, just an idea with the BlackHawkDown map coop version. can I or YOU :thumbsup: , LOL, make a gun setup as a custom prop. So all the guns in the rules will not conflict with your mod, so I rename the MRC to rad_mrc, then in the mission rules, I'll have create_weapon = rad_mrc.

Rad..

Not sure. If it's just a prop in the world that you cannot pick up it might work. In other words, you duplicate the diesel file.

Renaming an actual weapon for use in the game is actually pretty complex. If I remember correctly it's not just a string variable or file name, it's in the units and anything that refers to that unit, there are lots of places to go wrong. Lots of xml entries. I should look into putting the mrc back to crye actually. The issue was icons in the sp mule load out not showing up. Very minor, but also very annoying. That would only solve sp crashing, but I will still look into it.

The thing is, I took the crye/mrc attachments out of the 1-31 attachment range, so even if the names matched, it would crash online play. Local play would not show the problem.

OK , so is the only conflict that my and your mods have is the mrc/crye? what if I use a gun like your default gun or a different set if guns, so if someone plays the map with or without your mod, the game doesn't crash?

I still like to give the gun as a prop a go.

Because I have a second project, it's a paint-ball

game. It's just like the real game, small combat areas, I have 5 maps from indoors, outdoors and a stadium one, with some cool sounds in it. But the real trick to this game is the gun, I can't remembered who make this mod,but he replaced the bullets with red paint or maybe blood. If I or WE, LOL, could get it to work,a mod gun that's a custom prop or a new gun or something, it would be great. but if it's only possible in your mod, then I'll make the game play and maps apart of your mod, If that is OK with you. and ALSO hehehehe how hard is it to put a plastic tank on the top of a gun like the real paint-ball guns?

Rad..

OK , so is the only conflict that my and your mods have is the mrc/crye? what if I use a gun like your default gun or a different set if guns, so if someone plays the map with or without your mod, the game doesn't crash?

For SP: Yes, if you used different weapons with "bp safe" attachments...see below

For MP online: no, these items which you have on the ammo table will also cause a crash for the client:

M416/M8 GL, QD suppressor(on M416 and Rx4), Barrett scope, Crye combatsight, Crye GL, Rx4 Combatsight,

With the exception of the renamed crye, weapons themselves do not actually cause a crash. It's the out of range attachments that causes conflicts. In the case of the MRC/Crye, I renamed all of the attachments for it as well, so any of those 3 would cause a crash in SP or MP.

Here's the list of how I had to reorder the attachments.

<!-- Mod id

1 = bp_m4v2_aimpoint

2 = bp_m4v2_acog

3 = bp_m4v2_tac grip

4 = bp_m4v2_silencer

5 = bp_m14_aimpoint

6 = silencer secondary

7 = bp_scar_acog

8 = silencer primary

9 = aimpoint

10 = bp_m16v1_grenade_launcher

11 = scar ironsight

12 = msg90 scope

13 = xl7 GL

14=

15 = bp_mk12v1_silencer

16 = scarH GL

17 = scarH tac grip

18 = bp_sa80v1_ironsight

19 = bp_sa80v1_susat

20 = bp_m468v1_scope

21 = m14 scope

22 = bp_m468v1_silencer

23 = m32 sight/scope

24 = bp_m4v2_eotech

25 = g36 ironsight

26 = bp_scar_eotech

27 = rx4 frontgrip

28 = bp_m4v2_ironsight

29 = bp_sig552v1_acog

30 = bp_sig552v1_eotech

31 = bp_sig552v1_silencer

101 = sniper scope

102 =

103 = mrc_grenade_launcher

104 = mrc ironsight

105 = mrc combatsight

106 =

107 = m8 ironsight

108 = bp_mrc_acog

109 = eglm

110 = bp_m4shotgun_aimpoint

111 =

112 =

113 = scar tac grip

114 = scarL GL

115 = m8 combatsight

116 =

117 = bp_sig552v1_aimpoint

118 =

119 =

120 = m96 flashlight

121 = m416 ironsight

122 =

123 = rx4 combat sight

124 = qd_suppressor

125 = m416 tac grip

126 =

127 =

128 =

129 =

130 =

140 = pgo7 scope

-->

I still like to give the gun as a prop a go.

If you make your prop part of your bunlde it probably would work.

Because I have a second project, it's a paint-ball

and ALSO hehehehe how hard is it to put a plastic tank on the top of a gun like the real paint-ball guns?

It's not that hard, it just takes time to model and texture.

I just took out the specially named mrc in my mod + attachments and I don't crash when I run your map + my mod. Just have to put your rego file in the sound folder is all. NOTE, MP clients would still crash. Also don't need the levels/training_ground/mission.xml anymore in my mod. I can't figure out how to get the mule loadout icons to show for the mrc acog though. This is the problem I had years ago and why I made it a seperate weapon to begin with. One of those strange things. Probably a black dot again. The only custom attachment I have for it is the Acog, so I guess making it "more" compatible with the rest of the world is probably better...

Edited by Brettzies

Crye me an icon already!

So, I couldn't figure out why the acog icon won't show up. The code for the icons on the crye is a little different form almost all the other weapons. Not sure what's up with that, but it's really not worth tyring to make work when I already have it working on a duplicated weapon.

However, after trying several things, I figured why not just leave the old "crye" version in with the new one? So, I re-activated it and its attachments. Just gave them new id#s and made the string name for it "MR-C Old." Works great. Your mission loads up fine. When I go look at the Gun Room, they show up as the correct name as well(MR-C Old). Mind you, THIS WOULD STILL CAUSE A CRASH IN ONLINE PLAY since they are all out of range. The patch I made is still necessary for MP.

103 = mrc_grenade_launcher

104 = mrc ironsight

105 = mrc combatsight

203 = crye_grenade_launcher

204 = crye ironsight

205 = crye combatsight

The only thing left to do is make the old crye non-selectable from the loadout menu in each of the sp campaign missions like this:

<block_weapon name="crye" />

Not exactly sure what is gained by doing this other then making the mod more compatible for anyone playing Coop maps in SP/Lonewolf mode, that might have had some crye's laying around the level. Still, I think I will add it.

Edited by Brettzies