[good ai mods ?]

does anyone know of any good ai mods for ghost recon advanced warfighter 2.one that mayb makes ai do more flanking and just b smarter and more mobile??

I did that once with my ROM Mod for GRAW1 - worked nicely. :)

However for some reason the changes I made to the AI in GRAW2 have mostly been ignored by the game's engine. One day by comparing the two AI XML files (the one from GRAW1 and the one from GRAW2) I realized that some of the AI code which was available in GRAW1 has been removed in GRAW2 and I have the feeling it was necessary for the new order and RoE system in GRAW2 to work. That change simply made the AI a lot more dumb than it was in GRAW1.

At first I tried to add the missing parts to the XML file - that caused the game to crash. Then I tried to use the entire AI XML file from GRAW1 which also caused a crash, then I tried to modify some values of the game -> crash. :(

Feel free to try my R.O.M. (click on my signature) and make some changes to the AI XML.

Let me know as soon as you achieve something - I stopped working on it long ago. If there would be a way to combine the R.O.M. mod I created for GRAW1 with the new order / RoE system in GRAW2 that would certainly make the game more enjoyable but I doubt thats even possible due to the missing AI code. :(

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

does anyone know of any good ai mods for ghost recon advanced warfighter 2.one that mayb makes ai do more flanking and just b smarter and more mobile??

I did that once with my ROM Mod for GRAW1 - worked nicely. :)

However for some reason the changes I made to the AI in GRAW2 have mostly been ignored by the game's engine. One day by comparing the two AI XML files (the one from GRAW1 and the one from GRAW2) I realized that some of the AI code which was available in GRAW1 has been removed in GRAW2 and I have the feeling it was necessary for the new order and RoE system in GRAW2 to work. That change simply made the AI a lot more dumb than it was in GRAW1.

At first I tried to add the missing parts to the XML file - that caused the game to crash. Then I tried to use the entire AI XML file from GRAW1 which also caused a crash, then I tried to modify some values of the game -> crash. :(

Feel free to try my R.O.M. (click on my signature) and make some changes to the AI XML.

Let me know as soon as you achieve something - I stopped working on it long ago. If there would be a way to combine the R.O.M. mod I created for GRAW1 with the new order / RoE system in GRAW2 that would certainly make the game more enjoyable but I doubt thats even possible due to the missing AI code. :(

I keep getting "illegal download attempt" every time I click your sig. Do I need to log in, or just not use firefox?