.bank tools request

KingFriday

From what I saw there is a program that somebody made here that allows you to preview and extract the audio files in the .bank file. I was wonder if someone could extend this program to allow the editing of the .bank. specificly allowing the user to replace the sounds within the .bank file.

This would be awesome, I have at leased 1gb of weapon sounds ready to be put into custom sound packs. I would do it my self but I am clueless when it comes to coding.

From what I understand, the .bank files are just a massive .wav pack, with the starts and stops of individual sounds managed by an XML file. While a dedicated toolkit for quick modding would be pretty handy, the tech behind it, as far as I can tell, is really easy for anyone with moderate sound editing experience, to alter as needed.

I have been messing around with the xml for hours now. Could someone make a xml for the beretta that changes the sound, using custom sounds. That might help me understand this.

there is a de-banker out by firefly2442. search for his thread and you will find it. It's quite easy to replace existing "small" sounds or modify them, but I am stuck on getting custom music into GRAW (help anyone?). GRiN_desmond22 has already explained how all the sounds/xml fit together and that is on firefly's thread.

Have fun trying to figure it out! I sure as hell did LOL!!

Edited by Vox*BDA*

OK, Can you explain how to do it. Because it is just not registering in my brain (its driving me mad).

doh! me too.. GRIN have already explained it and I missed it. All of what we want to know is here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...26&hl=sound

I would try to explain it,but I would probably do it skew ways, as my understanding has a ot of this in it: :wall:w00t:wall:w00t:wall:w00t .. you get the picture.. :wacko:

But the link above and fireflys post have all the info we need. Just have to work through it I'm afraid.

If you're really stuck pray to grin_desmond22 - he is the guy who created the entire sound in GRAW.....reminds me of a certain genisis.."and on the 7th day he didn't rest..but prepared for GRAW2 " :hehe:

edit:don't PM GRIN.....be wery wery wuiet....they're working.....

Edited by Vox*BDA*

No, if you're really stuck (if you really suck :D ) post your questions in the forums - preferably in an existing thread with the right topic. This way everyhone can take part in my answers.

However, if days go by without be answering, THEN you can PM me - to send a link to the thread and tell me there are unanswered questions there.

Once again, please do not send me questions via PM - use the forums.

/simon