Crash while parachuting

baum3046

Hi Everyone...I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I am having.

I got the GRAW CD/DVD free when I ordered the E6600 Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Unfortunately, when I start to play (campaign) the game crashes during the initial parachute drop. It usually crashes when the news anchor lady starts talking. The crash is essentially like a broken record (with whatever the lady just said repeating over and over). The screen also freezes. If I ALT-TAB out of the game, the audio starts back up again, but if I try to ALT-TAB back into the game, it freezes again and the screen is black.

Here are my specs:

• Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz
  • 2GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

I have updated my BIOS, installed the latest GRAW patch, updated my video drivers, and updated my audio drivers.

This game looks awesome...would love to be able to play it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your time...

Nahh if you don`t see a crash log there is no way of generating one..just it would have helped if you had one..and other than seeing one i can`t realy help sorry

Oh well...thanks anyway. Maybe there will be a patch released in the future that will allow me to play it.

Is there somewhere I should look to find a log file?

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter/crashlog.txt

Your system should run GR:AW just fine. If you haven't tried this already it might help to uninstall the game/patch, run cleanup, defrag the HDD, and then reinstall GR:AW (only), play the game to see if the issue is still present while unpatched or if it is related to 1.35. Then apply the patch and check again.

Adjusting the screen resolution/refresh rates, and the other graphics options ingame and with your version of ForceWare can help in finding out just where a problem begins (if it's hardware related).

Hope you sort it out...it is a good game. :thumbsup: