How do you get remove the mini-map in OGR COOP?

silent_op

How do you remove the mini-map in [GR] COOP?

Can someone please tell me how to remove the mini-map (top right hand corner of screen) from the [GR] COOP mode. What xml file do I need to alter? Someone please help. If I could get rid of that damn mini map, then [GR] COOP would begin to feel more like [GR].

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

- How do I remove the mini map from my HUD in [GR] COOP?

- Which xml file do I need to alter and which lines?

I found out the answer to both of my above questions thanks to GRiN_Bumbi...

We can not remove the mini map from the [GR] COOP HUD view by altering xml files. The mini map is controled by a dxe file named hud.dxe. Since we can't open dxe files, the next best thing will be to see if UBI will add a toggle on/off key for the mini map in the next patch. GRiN_Bumbi said he'll pass the suggestion along.

For those of you who feel the same as I do about the mini map, we can only hope now.

Thanks GRiN_Bumbi for your time effort in replying to my question.

silent_op

I can certainly respect one's preference if they so choose to turn off the mini map... however, when playing a new map in Recon mode how will you know where to go exactly for "the red zone"

It would have to be a toggle when you tab or esc out and done on the fly beucase you absolutely have to have it for new recon maps, but just say in firefight mode it goes away because its next to useless, or if it is in recon mode but you know exactly where the trip line is.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for posting this information. I have been looking for a while for this exact information. I would love to remove the "mini-map" in [GR] COOP but having the option to toggle enable the display of the "mini-map" would be perfect.

If any updated information is know or if this option is built into a following patch could someone please post a reply here.

Thanks.

Edited by Hispeed