ASSISTANCE POR FAVOR!

MAX419

I just bought an XBOX 360 Core machine along with GRAW today. I was so happy! I brought it home, hooked it up, transferrred my XBOX Live account, popped in the GRAW disk and started playing........then....after about 5 minutes of play....it stopped...crashed....froze....I thought to myself, "This has to be one of those bugs that happens once in awhile....no big." Then it happened again.....and again....and again! Is anyone else having this problem? Is it the console? Is it the gamedisk? Is it the 64MB memory card? I am getting very sad! My Prozac can only do so much!!!!! :(:wall:

Err, could you be a little more specific?

Look at your disc; make sure that it isn't scratched. If there are circular scratches on the disc, it's ruined, and you'll need to get a new one. Make sure that the Xbox 360 has plenty of breathing room. Don't smother it, and make sure all of the air intakes/outputs are unblocked. The same goes for the power supply.

Describe the crash; does an error screen come up? Does it freeze? What happens?

Thanks.

- Drew

Err, could you be a little more specific?

Look at your disc; make sure that it isn't scratched. If there are circular scratches on the disc, it's ruined, and you'll need to get a new one. Make sure that the Xbox 360 has plenty of breathing room. Don't smother it, and make sure all of the air intakes/outputs are unblocked. The same goes for the power supply.

Describe the crash; does an error screen come up? Does it freeze? What happens?

Thanks.

- Drew

Zero scratches...plenty of room for console and power supply....the screen just freezes...I have to restart

Thanks

Try playing different games with it. If you don't have any other retail games, go to the store and rent some. Download a few demos off of the marketplace.

Also, if your console is oriented vertically, move it to the horizontal position (MAKE SURE IT'S OFF, AND THERE IS NO GAME DISC IN IT WHEN YOU DO THIS!), or vice versa.

If it still freezes after you've tried all of the above, you may have a faulty console. There's nothing I can do about that, so contact Microsoft Customer Support, and they'll have a new console to you in about two weeks.

Cheers.

- Drew

Try playing different games with it. If you don't have any other retail games, go to the store and rent some. Download a few demos off of the marketplace.

Also, if your console is oriented vertically, move it to the horizontal position (MAKE SURE IT'S OFF, AND THERE IS NO GAME DISC IN IT WHEN YOU DO THIS!), or vice versa.

If it still freezes after you've tried all of the above, you may have a faulty console. There's nothing I can do about that, so contact Microsoft Customer Support, and they'll have a new console to you in about two weeks.

Cheers.

- Drew

Yeah...this is my only game...I'll take your advice.

Here's the weird part: as a DVD player, it works like a charm....go figure.

I do appreciate your response....

BTW...what software are you using to edit your GRAW movies????

Windows Movie Maker 2.1.

It costs ten bucks, but it's worth it.

For some reason, it's crashing when I try to do stuff with the videos from my new capture card, so as a temporary solution I'm using the Ulead Videostudio 9 Trial.

Dude...download the demo for Adobe Audition........

Windows Movie Maker 2.1.

It costs ten bucks, but it's worth it.

For some reason, it's crashing when I try to do stuff with the videos from my new capture card, so as a temporary solution I'm using the Ulead Videostudio 9 Trial.

Dude...download the demo for Adobe Audition........

Sorry...NOT Audition...Adobe Premiere....

Could my prob be with my memory card or iPod????

I just bought an XBOX 360 Core machine along with GRAW today.  I was so happy!  I brought it home, hooked it up, transferrred my XBOX Live account, popped in the GRAW disk and started playing........then....after about 5 minutes of play....it stopped...crashed....froze....I thought to myself, "This has to be one of those bugs that happens once in awhile....no big."  Then it happened again.....and again....and again!  Is anyone else having this problem?  Is it the console?  Is it the gamedisk?  Is it the 64MB memory card?  I am getting very sad!  My Prozac can only do so much!!!!! :(  :wall:

If you just purchased the console and your having what seems to be the console crashing issues, I'd bring it back tot he store for a quick exchange. It's a known fact that there are a good number of 360s crashing. Most stores should not give you grief about exchanging it, bring the game with you and demo the problem to them, hopefully you can dupliate the problem. Good luck

Unplug the iPod.

Don't use an iPod with protected music on your machine until you get the optional iPod compatibility update from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

And, kman79, there aren't actually that many issues with crashes. It's just that the people, who do run into problems, are a little too vocal over it. Nobody I know, except for our friend MAX419 here, has had any problems with the '360 crashing. It really is a small issue, and the incidents are few and far between. The fact that it may seem like there are so many so-called "crashing '360s", are because of the legions of Sony fan boys that are frightened by the success of the '360, and they are trying to downplay it by making up bogus stories. I bet that if somebody were to go and find every single "complaint" of the '360 crashing, there would be more than the number of consoles actually manufactured.

- Drew

And, kman79, there aren't actually that many issues with crashes. It's just that the people, who do run into problems, are a little too vocal over it. Nobody I know, except for our friend MAX419 here, has had any problems with the '360 crashing. It really is a small issue, and the incidents are few and far between. The fact that it may seem like there are so many so-called "crashing '360s", are because of the legions of Sony fan boys that are frightened by the success of the '360, and they are trying to downplay it by making up bogus stories. I bet that if somebody were to go and find every single "complaint" of the '360 crashing, there would be more than the number of consoles actually manufactured.

- Drew

Oh, I completely understand that it is not the majority of 360s having problems, but the fact that it has been very publicized that 360s do fail, the two retailers I have dealt with have not given two friends of mine grief about asking for an exchange or replacement. Not trying to say the 360 is a lemon at all, the public has just made it sound so severe, that retailers have taken note to this and the ones I've dealt with have been very cooperative with exchanges. Out of the 12 Systems that I know of among friends, only two have had issues, and they were taken care of at the retail storefront so there was not much waiting.