Holding off on buying GRAW

FA sear

I'm heading to EB games to trade in my SS today.

It was better than the first GR2, but for me the first bunker mission is what did it. Right at the end of the mission when the waves of enemy start coming at you this reminded me too much of the first GR2. Then the fact that you could not enter any buildings on the city map kind of spoiled it even more, and finally the second bunker map mission really soured it for me.

I really did not like having to use the SAW and mow down wave after wave of dumb as rocks AI that just charge at you. Isn't this what SS was supposed to get away from?

I'm not flaming anyone who likes this game, it just is not my cup'o tea.

I read a few good reviews of SS and went out and bought it. I should have waited until several people finished the campaign.

Unless I hear that you can enter buildings, the AI do not come at you in "I'm out to riot mode" I'm definitly not going to buy GRAW.

I'll wait at least two months after GRAW comes out before making a decision.

See ya SS, back to [GR]/GRIT.

Edited by jchung

I haven't played SS, but I have played GR2, and I know I loved the move from pure tactics to a more action-oriented game. I'm sure most people on this forum will not agree with me, since I've heard all the references to [GR]. But that's why you have a PC version, and I have an Xbox 360 version :rofl: . About entering buildings; I don't beleive that's what Ghost Recon is about. We're not talking Rainbow Six here. If you're in need of some claustrauphobic environments to shoot terrorists in, I'd suggest getting Lockdown. The GR series have always been about outdoor settings, wether urban or more "natural," yes, in the very first Ghost Recon, you were able to enter specific buildings, but the AI just didn't handle such a drastic change smoothly. Besides, for the console version, I can't imagine entering a building in OTS view.

GR may be focused more on outdoor environments and R6 on CQC but I see absolutely no reason at all why there isn't any room for indoors in GR and vice versa with outdoors in R6. That's one thing I didn't like in GR2 as well as R6 that there too strictly focused on outdoors or indoors, too black and white there's no grey. It makes both of the games a bit boring and to restricted.

Clearing buildings in combination with great outdoor environments was a great formula which they should of have improved instead of removing it.

Edited by Tchaikovsky

Personally I can't remember issues with AI specially related with there behaviour inside buildings. And if there were they afcourse need to fix those but anyway with everything new I see no reason to be afraid of it.

I do could see indoor issues in combination with 3rd person view but it's already an issue in game with seeing around objects (trees/rocks/bushes) so nothing new.

And 3rd person view should never stand in the way of such an important feature, and afcourse there is always 1st person view.

I must admit, you make some really good points. I just want to be sure that whatever Ubi does, they do it right. I don't want to be able to enter a building "just for the hell of it." For example, I would like it if I could enter a tower, get to the very top, and begin sniping away. What I'm trying to say is; give us a reason to go into those structures.

GR may be focused more on outdoor environments and R6 on CQC but I see absolutely no reason at all why there isn't any room for indoors in GR and vice versa with outdoors in R6. That's one thing I didn't like in GR2 as well as R6 that there too strictly focused on outdoors or indoors, too black and white there's no grey. It makes both of the games a bit boring and to restricted.

Clearing buildings in combination with great outdoor environments was a great formula which they should of have improved instead of removing it.

I could not agree more. Well said. :thumbsup:

@Clum-Z-Boy

Hey, isn't that the kind of stuff they should improve on? The AI in buildings could easily be improved with the capacity that the 360 will have.

The OTS view for GRAW should have absolutely no problem handling indoors issues, besides SOCOM is OTS and has plenty of indoors fighting.