Sound editing/sampling

McNamee

I've just put the 808 acid rave style synth

The 808 is a drum sequencer :blink:

....Also, the 303 is the one to make acid basslines. 808 State? Drum Sequencer State? :blink: Nah, surely Acid Rave State suits it better, considering the track is rave era. I got a few drum sequencers here, the proggy's I got don't refer to them as 808's, "drum machine" or the like. All my drum sequences were not made using 808's, I made them all by hand. I just cut my "kick" down to a single beat, re-order it right there in the music proggy putting the single beat first, then a "break" then a beat quickly followed by another beat, ala beat *break* beat beat *break*. Everything is home made by me as comes across in Raveheart (The Rebirth) and Game Over.

Oh, and I took the acid rave synth out and replaced it with one my own synths, sounds alot better now.

And right now I'm listening to: Livin' Joy - "Dreamer" and the poxy CD keeps skipping....

I've just put the 808 acid rave style synth

The 808 is a drum sequencer :blink:

....Also, the 303 is the one to make acid basslines. 808 State? Drum Sequencer State? :blink: Nah, surely Acid Rave State suits it better, considering the track is rave era. I got a few drum sequencers here, the proggy's I got don't refer to them as 808's, "drum machine" or the like. All my drum sequences were not made using 808's, I made them all by hand. I just cut my "kick" down to a single beat, re-order it right there in the music proggy putting the single beat first, then a "break" then a beat quickly followed by another beat, ala beat *break* beat beat *break*. Everything is home made by me as comes across in Raveheart (The Rebirth) and Game Over.

Oh, and I took the acid rave synth out and replaced it with one my own synths, sounds alot better now.

And right now I'm listening to: Livin' Joy - "Dreamer" and the poxy CD keeps skipping....

I'm not quite sure what your getting at nightmare heh heh, but i'm telling you what most people refer to as the '808' (The TR-808) in electronic music making, is in fact a famous drum sequencer, used a lot in R&B, Hip-Hop and Techno, and this is where 808 state took their name from.

I was just pointing out the fact you called the 808 an 'acid rave synth', although I could have misunderstood, in which case, sorry.

I'm getting at, I don't use the 808, I take my techno beat and cut it up and edit it make my drum sequnces. I did that for Syn-R-G (electro drum sequence) and for my garage remix of Babycakes (garage/hip hop drum sequence). My wave editors are capable of making the initial beat sound electro, techno, garage, or like real drums. In fact, you can do it in Cubasis.... I load up one of the default demo songs, I see it's got real guitar riffs and real drumming. I go over to the side there, by the "channels" and there's a box there on each of the sample tracks where you can aplly effects to the sample(s) in that track. With the demo song, you can change the effect on the drum sequence to "acoustic" [default] (makes it sound like real drums, ala drums in a rock band) or "breakbeat" (makes it sound like garage/hip hop drums)

Isnt that like, a compilation mod, just taking others work and mixing them together? That not making music like McNamee does is it now? Even I could cut songs up and paste others into it, with Windows Sound Recorder actually, I have Sound Forge thou does that make me a pro?

Isnt that like, a compilation mod, just taking others work and mixing them together?

No, that's like using Cubasis. DJ's sample stuff from other tracks/movies/other sources all the time. All the DJ's I listen to don't sample whole songs, only little parts. Sampling whole songs proves you can't songwrite. Sampling a main riff from a track to put in your track is creativity. I see pop bands overing old songs all the time, the DJ's I listen to just take elements from the songs not copy the whole track. Besides, ALL samples in my track "Game Over" are completely 100% my own, so how is that taking others' work? ALL samples in my track "U R My Music" are also completely 100% my own, so again, how is that taking others' work?

Did I say, cuz I got WaveLab/GoldWave, that makes me a pro? No I didn't. I never once said I was a pro.