MODs installer for G of AC

Jex

OK I've finished the installer. All the relevant files are in one, 280 meg file that is an executable. Running this will install it into your ofp\res\addons folder.

I need to host this file somewhere. Can GR.net do it? The installer has been written with the GAC and gr.net in it's description fields.

OK I've finished the installer. All the relevant files are in one, 280 meg file that is an executable. Running this will install it into your ofp\res\addons folder.

I need to host this file somewhere. Can GR.net do it? The installer has been written with the GAC and gr.net in it's description fields.

PM Rocky...he might be able to get a fileplanet hosting for you. I don't know what the "limits" are though.

AFAIK, GR.net doesn't really "host" many files...

BTW- :thumbsup: Great Job Jex!

Have you credited/asked permission from all the authors of the Mods?

Don't know what the "Community Spirit" is like in OFP, but I remember a lot of problems caused by mod authors not being given credit for their work.

Have you credited/asked permission from all the authors of the Mods?

Don't know what the "Community Spirit" is like in OFP, but I remember a lot of problems caused by mod authors not being given credit for their work.

I basically copied all the info from the txt readme's and put them all in one big readme (called readme addons). The read me file I created gives thanks to the modding community. Some mods had a pdf file that I didn't add in as I can't copy the text out of them but it's only one mod I think.

This is really just for the communities that are going to use this (Eg Gr.net, tactical gamer and gamer planet), It's not designed to br distributed amongst all and sundry.

I've called in the gulf of aden campaign mod installer (something like that), with links to gr.net.

I tried to cover all posts as I know it's people's work so they have been credited but this is also public domain and the playing community make the majority. I don't think too many people would be annoyed at all these going in one installer - I mean it is for the good of the community right?

Who would be upset by that :)

PS when I get my site up and running (my other 2gb site, 5gb dl bandwidth a day, not my crappy 50 mb webspace I have now lol), I will be able to put up a link. not sure if this will be public or not though, but for the 3 communities I listed it will be available to those members.

I think some of you guys here should check the installer before I make it available and you can let me know of any changes you want.

thanks

I basically copied all the info from the txt readme's and put them all in one big readme (called readme addons). The read me file I created gives thanks to the modding community. Some mods had a pdf file that I didn't add in as I can't copy the text out of them but it's only one mod I think.

This is really just for the communities that are going to use this (Eg Gr.net, tactical gamer and gamer planet), It's not designed to br distributed amongst all and sundry.

I've called in the gulf of aden campaign mod installer (something like that), with links to gr.net.

I tried to cover all posts as I know it's people's work so they have been credited but this is also public domain and the playing community make the majority. I don't think too many people would be annoyed at all these going in one installer - I mean it is for the good of the community right?

Who would be upset by that :)

That should do it. You'd be surprised at what some people get upset at :wacko: