4 replies to this topic

#1 BIGGamerer

BIGGamerer

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

I thought I got the game to work properly, but I'm having another weird issue. This time, when attempting to continue a saved campaign, everything goes right, until the actual mission loads. After that, the squad I just picked isn't the one that's deployed. Instead, it's a single guy whose last name is Wong. It should be noted that I when I most recently did a Quick Mission, I picked Wong, and only Wong, to be on my platoon for the firefight. (I'm presuming that if I were to do another quick mission, pick a different platoon, I'll call it platoon Z, and then attempt to continue my saved campaign and pick a platoon, platoon X, I'll deploy with Platoon Z, not X.) Help is appreciated.

EDIT: I attempted to run another Quick Mission, only to have the two-man squad I picked be replaced by Wong. (I'm running the game with the most recent patch (v1.4) and without DS and IT on Windows Vista Home Premium without using compatibility mode.)

Edited by BIGGamerer, 28 February 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#2 MarkAm_i

MarkAm_i

Scout - 3rd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 264 posts
  • XFire:markami

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

I thought I got the game to work properly, but I'm having another weird issue. This time, when attempting to continue a saved campaign, everything goes right, until the actual mission loads. After that, the squad I just picked isn't the one that's deployed. Instead, it's a single guy whose last name is Wong. It should be noted that I when I most recently did a Quick Mission, I picked Wong, and only Wong, to be on my platoon for the firefight. (I'm presuming that if I were to do another quick mission, pick a different platoon, I'll call it platoon Z, and then attempt to continue my saved campaign and pick a platoon, platoon X, I'll deploy with Platoon Z, not X.) Help is appreciated.

EDIT: I attempted to run another Quick Mission, only to have the two-man squad I picked be replaced by Wong. (I'm running the game with the most recent patch (v1.4) and without DS and IT on Windows Vista Home Premium without using compatibility mode.)

Try this: go to your Ghost Recon\Data\Temp folder, right click the avatar.toe file and go to Properties. If the Read Only box is checked, uncheck it. That's the only way I can think of that your squad isn't what you pick in the Platoon selection screen.

#3 BIGGamerer

BIGGamerer

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Just looked at it. It's been unchecked the whole time, so that won't work...

#4 BIGGamerer

BIGGamerer

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and patches 1.3 and 1.4 before restarting the computer afterwards. The game works great now.

#5 RileyFletcher_01

RileyFletcher_01

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

Strange. Interesting snafu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users