MotoGP

ScarfaceSAS

The SP2's are nice too except for the damn Fuel Injection, Honda just don't seem to be able to get to grips with it so be prepared if you haven't ridden one before and go to test ride one m8.

What is the SP2? Honda I take it? The RC51 over here in the states? So what is this about honda FI? Is it only when you are on the throttle hard?

What are you guys' thoughts on the CBR600f4i vs. the new R6? I have pretty much narrowed my bike search down to those two. I will most likely get the honda but you never know. I think the R6 has more power and is less userfriendly from what I have heard. So the cbr would be the practical decision. Although I don't know if there is anything practical about a bike. :lol: Except the gas mileage.

Is bimota still in business. They had some dope bikes, of course they were expensive as hell. Does foggy sell his bikes or are those for track only for now? Just wondering, I won't buy one of those right now.

Mark, hehehe.....Sorry, got carried away there m8 rofl!! Some Sazooks seem to suffer more than others actually. The GSX-R has actually weathered very well against expectation, they are putting a little more effort into that side of things than they have in days gone by but they certainly aren't as good at it as Honda I agree, but don't discount them on that front alone as it is improving and there are the other benefits like the gearbox and FI on the Suzuki is sublime compared to Honda's, engine and handling wise they are generally on a par TBH and often more down to personal preference which is fair enough :)!

Parabellum, as Mark says that's up to you m8 which is a shame. Accidents happen tho and lets face it, in this day and age you could get taken out in all too many ways....Out in your car, by a Jumbo Jet falling outta the sky or from some nutter climbing a Clock Tower and loosing off a few hundred rounds at the crowds below, either way if ya there at the time ya dead. I had a nasty smash at the fault of a third party in 2000 that by all rights should have killed me instantly too, fortunately my last second actions saved my life :)! Not all accidents instantly end in death and obviously good training and experience teach you to avoid getting too close to large moving metal objects.....Very Sorry to hear of your freind though :(!

Scarface, yes the SP1 or SP2 is known as the RC51 in the U.S.!! As for the R6 over the CBR600 F (that you seemingly call the CBR600 f4i over there).....

The CBR600 F (as I'll call it) is basically the more softer and alround option of the CBR600RR which is the out and out Race Replica version basically made for the track then very slightly toned down for the roads lol. The FI on the CBR6F isn't so bad on the snatchiness as the throttle bodies aren't so big and the motor isn't tuned as highly and the gearing is lsightly more conservative too, in general they are far more user freindly as a first bike. But, on the other hand they are also more than capable of being setup to perform better for both power and handling, it won't ever match the hardcore 600's such as the R6, GSX-R6, ZX6R, CBR6RR etc obviously, but there's enough there for plenty of fun and enjoyment, to scare you if you do get carried away and abuse the power but it's certainly freindly enough to learn on without being intimidated too :), it would be an ideal first bike for you and the CBR600F is actually quite practicle too! It's more roomy than the bikes mentioned above and has a more relaxed stance, comfier rider and pillion seating too! They'll do more miles to the gallon if you do cruise conservatively but again, they'll guzzle it as well if you give it some welly hehe :)!

The R6 is again obviously more of Yamaha's track 600 that they have toned down for use on the roads basically! They have a noteable chunk more power and agility being more Race Replica again than the CBR600F. Previous versions had a reputation of being unstable (prone to tankslappers etc) but often that was down to owners not maintaining correct tyre pressures and even the manufacturer of tyres that they fitted that weren't the factory fitted items, or for some, fiddling with the suspension adjustments when they didn't know what the hell they were doing then rather than admitt they set the bike up completely wrong, many claimed it was the bike at fault! A steering damper would also have calmed that problem anyway! The 2003 R6 that's had quite a bit of testing and reviewing done in the UK so far is getting far better appraisals though, Yamaha have made it more user freindly but at the same time it's still not forthe faint-hearted lol :)!

I'd stick by the choice you've made with the Honda tho TBH (the FI issue is more prominent on the higher performing bikes like the Blades, Sp1's & 2's, and CBR600RR), the rest of the range doesn't get the same adverse criticism on it so don't worry about it :)! I was just warning Mark incase he got a test ride on a performance bike like the Sp-2 given as an example after he's used to a bike with Carb's. Carb's always have a slight delay from the throttle being moved and it being transmited thru to the engine, FI is more instant and in the case of the Sp-2 and CBR600RR it's too instant and that makes it snatchy at small throttle movements at slower to medium speeds in answer to that question, at much higher speeds you don't notice it as much.

So far there are only plans for 500 Foggy FP-1's last I heard and they were being sold obviously as specials to qualify the bike to race in WSB, who knows, watch this space for general availablity but they'll probably be extremely expensive to buy over there lol!

When it comes to choosing a helmet try on as many different makes as you can. Different makes fit different people heads better than others which is why it's important to get the best fit for you. Some good names to check out tho are.... Suomy, Arai, AGV, OGK, Nolan, HJC, Shark are amongst some of the best. Try them all on and go for the one that suits you best fit wise, not by the look of it! Budget may play a part for you too I don't know, but get the best you can afford but at the same time you don't need to buy the most expensive helmet you see for it to be the best :).

Depending on how much you have or want to spend on leathers etc again do the same as the helmets, some makes fit some people better than others! For a summer suit choose one that's well ventilated with the fine holes in the front etc or moulded vents like I have on one of my race suits! Some cheaper but extremely good quality suppliers if you have them over there are Hein Gericke and Frank Thomas (FT). FT currently do a suit for £300 (maybe $400 over there lol??) called the Raptor, very well made, CE approved armour and well ventilated as an example :)!

Anyway this has got too damn long AGAIN answering 3 people rofl....hope that helps you out more anyway Scarface and if ya need more info then just ask m8, glad to help :)!

Edited by Urban_Tiger

Yeah If I had a little more experience riding sportbikes I will probably go with the r6, but I like the cbr just as much(actually a little better). I going to try and test ride them both before I decide, but I will most likely get the cbr b/c of better financing deals.

Anybody seen the results from the first round of practice for Jerez yet? Last I saw a Suzuki and a Yamaha had the best times and Rossi was third, but that was early on. MotoGP, the site I usually goto, has been down all day long. Which sucks cause I wanted to watch the practice video replay while at work. I might also have to miss the race on sun, damn mother's day :P . So I will just have to catch it over the internet on sun night. :(

Balster,

Is the YZF 426 an American designation for one of the YZF's. Cos never heard of one in the UK lol?????

I had a ZX9R too amongst other bikes (the list of bikes I've had was in one of the posts here lol)!! They were Kawasaki's input at the Litre class Superbike but they have never really been rated or classed as one over here, they are labelled more as a Sports Tourer!!

That could be why you didn't like the position much, if you had been on a Fireblade, GSX-R 1000 or a YZF R1, GSX-R 750, ZX7R or even a YZF R7 (if you could finds one rofl), then that little lot are what a Superbike should be positioned like being out and out Race Replica, the ZX9R was always too upright and too soft to compete with them on the handling etc, but they certainly had one of the strongest engines hehehe :o)!

Mark, I agree the R6 is a better bike if you want a pure Sportsbike muhahaha (would certainly be my choice out of the 2 as well, but I've had lots of bikes and you have a good chunk of experience too), may be a little too aggresive for Scarface first time out tho, depends very much on preference doesn't it lol :)!

Sweet I got the results and watching iit now. :P

Qualifying Practice No. 1

1- 15 HONDA Sete GIBERNAU SPA

2- 11 HONDA Tohru UKAWA JPN

3- 65 DUCATI Loris CAPIROSSI ITA

4- 46 HONDA Valentino ROSSI ITA

5- 12 DUCATI Troy BAYLISS AUS

6- 10 SUZUKI Kenny ROBERTS USA

7- 7 YAMAHA Carlos CHECA SPA

8- 21 SUZUKI John HOPKINS USA

9- 9 PROTON KR Nobuatsu AOKI JPN

10- 56 YAMAHA Shinya NAKANO JPN

LOL,

Found an old pic of the ZX6-R I had.....The hulking great BMW K1100-LT behind it is my dads bike (ex-Copper, what do you expect rofl)!! Out of interest have you also considered a ZX6-R Scarface?? This years '03 ZX6-R and especially the ZX6-RR are a little extreme like the other Sports 600's, but the 2002 ZX6-R and before are a bit more like the CBR600F in many respects but still look more like the Focused bikes like the GSX-R and R6 etc, they handle a lot better than the CBR600F too :)! Well worth a test ride on one too if you like them :)! Here's pic, this one is a '99 ZX6-R (G2) :)!

zx6r-web.jpg

yeh urban tigar the yzf is a uk bike its basically a moto x bike on the road its a four stroke hence the "f" after yz bloody good bike not fast top end at the most 90mph id say but the accelaration is unbelievable .if i can get adigi cam of me m8 ill do a pic if not ill find 1 on the web and show ya wot their like (???dont know if ya ever seen 1 )

dont get me wrong i like super bikes alot but i just dont like the riding poistion +_ ive got a dodgey back so not the best thing 4 me to sit in that postion doing 150+ for long periods

i used race moto x bikes when i was younger (schoolboys) and 1 season as a pro but 4 some reason i knocked it on the head and joined the army :hehe: ????

where about s ya from tigar ?????

Heya Balster :)!

I'm UK m8......Know all too well about dodgy backs too m8 unfortunately.......

I have 4 Pins and ligament wires running between them in my lower spine to keep it all stabilised (badly injured it obviously and did a real job of it too :( )!!! Had 2 lots of surgery on my lower back and countless Nerve-Block injections and even Epidurals too, but basically it's borked for life! Goes without saying that yes it is incredibly painful but I've had to give up a whole list of other hobbies and pastimes I dearly loved because of the condition, that hit me real hard as well as having the pain and problems anyway and was bloody depressing, but I was determined to keep 1 hobby and I intend to hold onto it as long as I can rofl, that being my Bikes lol!!!

I've tried riding more upright bikes but because of the way things are in my back (it's a bit complicated to explain without writing an essay and don't want to bore you lol, but I know what you have to put up with depending on how bad yours is and sympathise with you). If I sit upright with all the weight right down on my lower back (if you can picture what I mean, if ya sat upright all the weight is straight down on ya lower back and ###### isn't it lol), well if I can sit forward like on Sportsbikes and weight the bars to take all the weight thru my shoulders when in a straightline at slow speeds then it takes that weight off my back and I've actually made it as and more comfortable as it can be with experimentaion with a few things on Sportsbikes lol, then obviously once you get some speed on, especially with a dubble-bubble screen fitted, the airflow holds me up at the front but it also creates a vacuum around me and pushes me gently forward too, I'm suspended in air and there's no weight left on my back at all :)!

I've ridden a few Super-Moto's and used to do a hell of a lot of off-roading and Greenlaning on Trials and Moto-X bikes when I was younger but I did the same thing and kinda lost interest in it and joined the Air Force lol, then my back got real bad and the possibility of taking it up again had well and truly gone, if there was one thing that really put me in pain riding it was off-road antics but I really miss it, had some great times doing that hehehe!!

Have never heard of an off-road YZF m8 lol? The ones that many all know very well are the older YZF 750, ThunderCat, ThunderAce, and newer R6, R7 and R1 all obviously the road going bikes! I am a bit of a bike freak and short of the extent of being a "Bike Spotter" rofl, there's isn't many bikes I don't know but with that I'm obviously not claiming to know it all either lol, there could well be an off-road designated YZF and obviously is as you have one :)!!

Would love to see a pic m8 :)! Hope you can dig one out soon and show ya beast off lol :)!

Edited by Urban_Tiger

• 1 month later...