BrandonKappel

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Everyone Dead???

Trigger Event:

3 second(s) elapsed.

Responses:

Allow this block to be reactivated.

Continue executing responses if ((The value of TRUCK TROOPS DEAD) is equal to 2).

Display "Looks like you got them all. Everyone get to the extraction point for pickup." to all players for 5 second(s).

Set END MISSION FLAG to true.

Prevent this block from being reactivated.

Comment:

END OF MISSION

Trigger Event:

4 second(s) elapsed.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if (The state of END MISSION FLAG).

Continue executing responses if ((The number of members of Player Platoon within 5 meter(s) of Extraction) is equal to (The number of active actors on Player Platoon)).

Set End Mission to expire in 1 second(s).

Group: ---Part 2---

Comment:

Ending Cinematic

Trigger Event:

End Mission has expired.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if (The game mode is Single Player).

Make Insertion Helo visible to the game world.

Teleport Insertion Helo to Helo Start Pos facing Camera Pos 0 and moving at 14.

Assign Insertion Helo Plan to Insertion Helo and execute.

Set End It All to expire in 15 second(s).

Comment:

End if Co-Op

Trigger Event:

End Mission has expired.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if (The game mode is Coop).

Set End It All to expire in 2 second(s).

Comment:

<<<END OF EVERYTHING>>>

Trigger Event:

End It All has expired.

Responses:

Display "You got them all. We're coming in to get you. Good job gents." and register mission completion.

Continue executing responses if ((The number of active actors on Player Platoon) is equal to (The value of PlayerPlatoonStart)).

Mark Objective X complete in the objective list.

So above is a copy of the ending part of my script (haven't cleaned it up yet so it looks terrible.) I can't get it to work. The mission plays out perfect up until this part. I thought it might have something to do with the cinematic I had at the end but deleted that and it still crashes. It crashes around the time of the part that's green, once all of the player platoon is in the extraction zone. Any ideas why its doing this?

Also tried this, but still a no go. Could it be because I have "End Mission has expired" as a trigger for 2 separate blocks? How else could I set it up, my goal is to have an ending cinematic of the extract. Which has to be removed for Co-Op correct? :wall:

Comment:

Everyone Dead???

Trigger Event:

3 second(s) elapsed.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if ((The value of TRUCK TROOPS DEAD) is equal to 2).

Display "Looks like you got them all. Everyone get to the extraction point for pickup." to all players for 5 second(s).

Continue executing responses if ((The number of active actors on Player Platoon) is equal to (The number of members of Player Platoon within 5 meter(s) of Extraction)).

Set End Mission to expire in 5 second(s).

Comment:

Ending Cinematic

Trigger Event:

End Mission has expired.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if (The game mode is Single Player).

Comment:

End if Co-Op

Trigger Event:

End Mission has expired.

Responses:

Comment:

<<<END OF EVERYTHING>>>

Trigger Event:

End It All has expired.

Responses:

Display "You got them all. We're coming in to get you. Good job gents." and register mission completion.

Continue executing responses if ((The number of active actors on Player Platoon) is equal to (The value of PlayerPlatoonStart)).

Finally got it to end when I wanted it to. Here's the new script. I don't really know what was causing the problem, so if anyone could explain it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment:

Everyone Dead???

Trigger Event:

3 second(s) elapsed.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if ((The number of active actors on Player Platoon) is equal to (The number of members of Player Platoon within 5 meter(s) of Extraction)).

Set End Mission to expire in 5 second(s).

Comment:

Ending Cinematic

Trigger Event:

End Mission has expired.

Responses:

If (The game mode is Coop), stop and queue a call to (End CoOp).

Group: (End CoOp)

Comment:

End if Co-Op

Trigger Event:

This block has been called directly from the script.

Responses:

Comment:

<<<END OF EVERYTHING>>>

Trigger Event:

End It All has expired.

Responses:

Glad you figured it out.

Could it be because I have "End Mission has expired" as a trigger for 2 separate blocks? How else could I set it up, my goal is to have an ending cinematic of the extract. Which has to be removed for Co-Op correct? :wall:

The first thought I had after looking at your first script was "I have never tried to use a single timer to trigger two blocks, that must be the problem".

Obviously you found a good way to add the "single-player" conditional. the "stop and queue call" response is (IMO) the best way to do this.

Has anyone else tried using one timer to trigger 2 separate events? I'm kinda curious now. I got it working as planned but I really don't know (or understand) why.

Also one more question. The first block in the most recent script has the message box telling the player(s) to get back to the extraction point. Since its set up with a "time elapsed/contiue if" trigger the message box stays up until the player(s) get back to the extraction zone. Its not a big deal but my OCD kicks in. What would be a better way to script it so the message goes away but the mission still plays out like it does.

I also noticed that the mission used to crash when I added the helo. But once I added a "cancel plan" response before assigning a new path it worked fine. Is this normal?

There is no problem with 2 triggers, however you could of used a redirectif and remove the continueif like so:

Comment: Ending Cinematic

Trigger Event: End Mission has expired.

Responses:

If (The game mode is Coop), stop and queue a call to Coop ending.

I tend to keep the extraction stuff in there own group, this would eliminate the message issue:

Comment:

Everyone Dead???

Trigger Event:

3 second(s) elapsed.

Responses:

Enable the Extraction script blocks.

You should always cancel plans for any teams or vehicles before issuing new plans.