donavlad

Does anyone here know of a way to manually override the numeric value of the "ScriptId" values generated by Igor?

Experiencing several very annoying instances of Igor assigning a ScriptId which is already in use by another component. E.g. when creating a new plan it is given a unique IgorId together with a ScriptId already in use (by a zone etc.).

While this does not seem to crash the game it does cause Igor to crash at times making it almost impossible to finish scripting the mission. Have run into this problem a number of times now, usually with missions using imported gtf scripts so there might be a connection.

Anyone familiar with this issue? And are there steps to take to get around it?

Edited by donavlad

rename the Igor ID to a high number first.

You do you mean the IgorId and not the ScriptId I assume?

However the problem occurs independently of using a text editor. That is only to verify the problem. And if the ScriptId is changed manually all the scripting references hidden under the <ScriptCompiled> and <ScriptSource> don't match and Igor crashes again.

Probably do mean Igor ID. I remember copying and pasting a few zones, actors, vehicles via notepad into another mission. It was fine, but crashed whenever I closed down the script in Igor. I found that some of the Igor ID references where already in use in the mission file. Changing these numbers allowed me to continue without the crashes.