Gametype idea "Scrapped"

So I have been reading other forums and talking with people and I came up with a new gametype called "Scrapped". Scrapped is straight up tactical gameplay. You have your squad, guns, and basic grenades. Now there are a couple options that I came up with that are pretty much alike. This is strictly my opinion.

Scrapped Basic:

2 teams, 2 squads (which is how it is set up already)

All guns without attachments

Basic grenades (flash, concussion, emp, smoke, decoy, frag)

It will be a TDM or Objective based

No equipment

No detection at all basically.

Now before you say "go back to COD" this is like Barebones which is nice because some don't like playing where they are detected 24/7. So it would be a nice change.

Scrapped Pro:

2 teams, 2 squads (which is how it is set up already)

all guns with attachments

Basic grenades (flash, concussion, emp, smoke, decoy, frag)

It will be a TDM or objective based.

No detection at all

No radar.

This is just an idea. Let me know what you think. If you post be mature about it and respect mine and other people's posts. Thank you :)

Edited by DarkJediMasterX

Good ideas but it ain't happening. They're too stubborn to listen.

And I don't get this 'go back to CoD' thing. Why would we? We want a tactical game.

I am glad to see you like the idea :) And the "go back to COD" thing is what majority of people tell people when they complain about this game. Exactly, we want a tactical game. We have it, it just needs a minor tweek is all.

And the "go back to COD" thing is what majority of people tell people when they complain about this game. Exactly, we want a tactical game. We have it, it just needs a minor tweek is all.

The reasoning for this is that there are alot of players, like myself, that have been waiting for a game that is pretty hardcore for a long time. We simply dont want it altered to appeal to those with the wrong idea about the game. It's about teamwork and coordination. If the game is changed to allow for a bunch of solo players, it would not be GRFS... it would be Battle Field... or COD. I think that if you played the campaign missions on elite settings.. you will get the idea. Or maybe find a few players to play with consistently and you will enjoy the game a lot more.. trust me..

And the "go back to COD" thing is what majority of people tell people when they complain about this game. Exactly, we want a tactical game. We have it, it just needs a minor tweek is all.

The reasoning for this is that there are alot of players, like myself, that have been waiting for a game that is pretty hardcore for a long time. We simply dont want it altered to appeal to those with the wrong idea about the game. It's about teamwork and coordination. If the game is changed to allow for a bunch of solo players, it would not be GRFS... it would be Battle Field... or COD. I think that if you played the campaign missions on elite settings.. you will get the idea. Or maybe find a few players to play with consistently and you will enjoy the game a lot more.. trust me..

He never said he didn't want teamwork. In fact, that usually goes hand in hand with "tactical."

I get his point though. If anything, it could be argued that not having drones and sensors would work to strengthen teamwork.

The game itself has a level much like this idea. Your hud goes down for awhile and and your left with just your team and your firearms.

The mode actually sounds pretty cool. Aside from the no attachments thing. I loves me some weapon customization. How about keeping it as is, but removing allowing attachments (sans heartbeat sensor and backscatter optic)?

In OGR, the player had more control of this when playin matches. I never played the GRAW series mulitplayer so I dont know what options there were. If they wont let the host player change what can be used then it would be nice to have such a mode like "Scrapped". Definitely a great change up from the other modes. Nice thought Dark..I hope you posted this on the Official GR:FS forums (you never know).

He never said he didn't want teamwork. In fact, that usually goes hand in hand with "tactical."

I get his point though. If anything, it could be argued that not having drones and sensors would work to strengthen teamwork.

The game itself has a level much like this idea. Your hud goes down for awhile and and your left with just your team and your firearms.

The mode actually sounds pretty cool. Aside from the no attachments thing. I loves me some weapon customization. How about keeping it as is, but removing allowing attachments (sans heartbeat sensor and backscatter optic)?

Removing all detection equipment could work too, but then it leaves Engineer useless so that class would barely be used unless they use a different grenade like decoy or something. Otherwise it would scout vs rifleman lol

In OGR, the player had more control of this when playin matches. I never played the GRAW series mulitplayer so I dont know what options there were. If they wont let the host player change what can be used then it would be nice to have such a mode like "Scrapped". Definitely a great change up from the other modes. Nice thought Dark..I hope you posted this on the Official GR:FS forums (you never know).

I most certainly did post it there :)

sounds like a GOOD GAMEMODE to play.

Thank you for your support :)

Removing all detection equipment could work too, but then it leaves Engineer useless so that class would barely be used unless they use a different grenade like decoy or something. Otherwise it would scout vs rifleman lol

Exactly... It would not be GRFS anymore... It would be COD.. or some other mindless shooter....

Exactly... It would not be GRFS anymore... It would be COD.. or some other mindless shooter....

It wouldn't be COD per say, if the classes are balanced out right then it will be a better GR game.

No. It wouldn't. Seriously, the whole CoD thing getting tired.

How does the detection equipment make the game any less mindless? It's the players and objectives the make the game stand out. I guarentee you if there was a standard deathmatch mode the gane would be just as mindless as CoD.