Ubisoft Assassin’s Creed 2 DRM has been Cracked!

JohnTC02

So it seems like Skidrow has finally done it, I don't condone hacking but it might improve Ubi's sales if people can play the game without all these server issues.

Ubisoft’s impenetrable DRM has been finally cracked by a group of torrent pirates known as ‘SKIDROW’. The previous versions of the so called “crack” was done through server emulations but now its a simple easy to install crack.

http://www.gossipgamers.com/ubisoft-assassins-creed-2-drm-has-been-cracked/

:pirate: have got us all into this DRM nightmare but I'm kinda glad to see that Skidrow has got UBI's mighty DRM on it's knees. :shifty: Seems to me this latest bunch of DRM hogwash from UBI has caused more headaches for loyal paying customers than need be. Plus being always connected to the net to play the single player part of a game is nonsense. :wall: What's next??? :unsure:

No big surprise there - the way technology works today means that no DRM system will ever be 100% secure.

Having just recovered from a two-day long internet outage made me realize that this type of DRM doesn't really affect me much. Every single PC game I've bought over the past couple of years has been through Steam, so I need an internet connection to play my games anyway. (Being to lazy to enable the whole offline-mode thing, that is :P)