holster points

Tailp

hello,

i've been modelling my first weapon, which went just fine (thanks to the tuts here), but now i've arrived at the exporting of this model, and i would like to put my rifle on the back of my character (preferrably diagonal).

the problem is i've looked through this forum and all I can find are dead links, to either "piggyson's website or other pages which are offline. :wall:

went trough google as well, but nothing showed up... :blush:

does anyone know how to set this up, or knows a reference model to compare it too?

regards,

Tailp

hi. when i eventually get my computer back, i can send you some max scenes with holster points over the back if you like?

if anyone reading this just happens to have one of my max scenes with a holster point, would they mind sending it? gotta help out. :thumbsup:

the only other thing you can do is download the 'holster point tools' and then by trial and error move yours to suit your needs. it takes ages to get right though.

good luck.

hi. when i eventually get my computer back, i can send you some max scenes with holster points over the back if you like?

sorry to hear that your computer broke down...

But if you could send me the files over that would be fantastic! w00t

And your right, about the trail and error part. You'll learn the most like that, as well ;)

[edit]

im also receiving errors from 3dsm while trying to export a model;

couldn't find registry entry for surface property list file

couldn't find registry entry for surface soundlist file

couldn't find registry entry for surface debrislist file

i've messed in the registry before, But it's definitly useless unless you've got the data that you need to fill in...

[edit] solved registery issue

[edit] YEEY! found the helper point tool in JStools, after that i placed the points myself just figured out the helper point names:

the four i knew:

* ^RightHandPoint

* ^LeftHandPoint

* ^MuzzleFlashPoint

* ^BrassEjectionPoint

the ones i didn't knew

* ^HolsterPoint (Very Tricky get right though...)

* ^BackBlastPoint (for rockets launchers)

I dont know if there are any others... :hmm:

but thnx for the guidence Natsanwa :thumbsup:

i'll try to post a pic soon :rocky:

Edited by Tailp