Bushmaster Campaign is Ready for the Public

JohnTC02

Ok, May as well release the Campaign as there has been no more reports of any issues with v1.3.

If there are any problems after release I will do my best to fix them and upload a new version.

Thanks goes to Bogie and Kaapo for testing the Campaign.

IMPORTANT:

Please remove any old versions before installing this release or the game will crash on start-up.

Download Link, Screenshot is in the zip file:

DOWNLOAD

Mission Author: JohnTC02

File Size: 30 Mb

Bundle size: 81 Mb

Version: 1.3

The Bushmaster Campaign

Act I:

Devil's Island Day

Urban War Day

Crashsite Escape Day

Act II:

Vips' Retreat Night

The Bushmasters Revenge Day

Combat Dawn Day

Act III:

Ghost Town Day

Fort Horizon Night

Allied Force day

All the missions include:

1. New loading screens

2. Custom briefings and mission maps

3. At least 1 resupply mule for each mission

4. All missions are based on the single player coop missions plus AI patrols have been changed/reduced on some maps.

The only issues I have found so far is with the use of pickups, missions that use the pickups for insertion are working as they should, you will start the mission in the vehicles with the ghost AI in the rear, for some reason I am unable to get the Ghost AI to use the pickups at extraction, players will be able to use the vehicles for extraction and the game will end as it should but you will have to leave the Ghost AI behind. Combat Dawn has a Blackhawk at extraction and the same applies here, you will have to leave the Ghost AI behind.

To install, place the campaign_bushmaster_v1_3 bundle into your “custom_levels” folder. Start GRAW2 then select “Campaign” in the lower left of your screen. Use the arrows in the upper right to select the “Bushmaster_Campaign”. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Hi Ice_71

Not to sure why you are getting that issue with the mission.

Do you have all the latest updates for the game, the current version is v1.05, I ask this because someone had a similar problem with this map a while back and it turned out he wasn't using the latest version.

All the missions in the campaign have been played by one of my beta testers and no problems were reported.

If anyone else has any idea as to what's causing this problem then I would be very grateful for any help.

John

• 4 months later...

I think this a fantastic campaign and I am really enjoying Ghost recon after a long layoff.

However in mission "combat dawn" I cannot destroy the control panel on roof. The distance indicator says 1m but I can't appraoch any closer and therfore cant plant any explosives.

I have completed all other objectives but cannot go on to next mission.

Is this a matter of where the character is position, I have tried to crouch and approach, but no luck!

Cheers :wall:

Hi Comsaf100,

I had someone mention this problem to me sometime ago, for him the suggestion below seemed to help.

If you have used a grenade or the gl near the control panel this can sometimes cause damage to that panel making it difficult to plant c4, if this is the case then you may need to shuffle around a bit and try approaching the panel a different angles, also try doing this standing and crouching.

I think the problem is that the control panel is set a bit to far back making it hard to plant the c4.

Hope this helps,

John

Thanks John

I have tried several avenues of approach - both directional and stance - but no luck so far.

I will keep trying. I might even replay the mission.

I should add

hanging in the sky is a burning helicopter. Don't know if this has anything to do with the problem or not.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Hmm, that heli shouldn't be there, it is shot down when you are traveling in the pickup at the start of the mission so it should crash land.

It seems like the mission has not played out correctly, all I can suggest is you try and play the mission again and complete that objective first.

When I first released this mission as a co-op there was a few people that reported some lag, if you are having this problem try and lower your in game display settings, sometimes this lag can do strange things to the way the game runs. It's probably not related to the problem you are having but it's worth bearing this in mind.

Let me know how you get on and if you are still having problems I will take a look and see if I can fix the problem.

:thumbsup:

John

As we drove over the bridge at the start of the mission I watched carefully for the helicopter and this time it dropped out of the sky. Last time it must have hung there throughout my gameplay.

As you suggested John I did the panel objective first, absolutely no problems and I have now moved on into the next mission of the campaign.

Cheers

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hi chedabu,

Welcome to the forums.

All that I can think of is have you destroyed all four Adats, in this mission there are no waypoint markers for the Adats until you get near that particular objective.

When you are close to one of the Adats you will then see the waypoint marker on screen to indicate it's location, I made this part of the mission as a search and destroy, the location of the Adats cane be seen in the main menu for that mission on the briefing screen they are marked on the map.

Hope this helps,

John

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished your campaign JohnTCO2 and I must say it's great and in a league of it's own. :clapping: Great enemy movements created a lot of tension during gameplay just like good old GR. :sweating: Also enjoyed the new maps and the MP GRAW 2 castle map was a treat to play a mission on. Was also shocked to be able to play the whole campaign and not a single CTD. I couldn't even make it through the GRIN campaign without a few CTD's. Did have a couple of bugs like the burning helo hanging in the sky during Combat Dawn and a strange sound bug in Allied Force Day where if I had the M8 as my second weapon and shot it there was no gun sound but it triggered something that sounded like a loud machine running that would never stop. :unsure: Once again great job on this mod and I hope you get around to putting together another campaign with some of your other missions.

Hi KRP6,

Many thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated.

When I first decided to make a campaign I was surprised at how much more difficult it was over making coop missions, there are so many things that needed changing to convert the missions over.

After finishing this one I said that I wouldn't make any more campaigns, I didn't think campaigns would be very popular and it wasn't worth all the effort I put into it.

It's when I get this type of feedback that it makes me have a rethink, it's not often we get any feedback on campaigns unless it's to report problems. So hearing your comments gives me encouragement to think about making another one when I have enough missions to create one.

Maybe it would be a good idea if people was to post their opinions on this, would you like to see more campaigns, if there is enough positive feed back I will consider it.

Just bear in mind I need to have around 10 coop missions to make a half decent campaign so don't expect to see them that often.

If there is a few posts about this I will split them off into a new thread.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

John

When I first decided to make a campaign I was surprised at how much more difficult it was over making coop missions, there are so many things that needed changing to convert the missions over.

After finishing this one I said that I wouldn't make any more campaigns, I didn't think campaigns would be very popular and it wasn't worth all the effort I put into it.

I kinda wondered how much work was involved in making a campaign for GRAW 2 since there's not many campaigns to pick from. :unsure: I didn't care for GRAW because it was so frustrating to play in many sections but GRAW 2 was a big improvement in many ways but even on hardcore the enemy movement was lame at best. :( I highly recommend any GRAW series doubters, like myself ,to give your campaign a play as I'm sure they will be very pleased with the effort you put into this thrilling campaign!!! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

[Fail to complete the devils island mission to continue with the campaign, could send me a savegame Urban war is the second mission of the campaign If you have the entire campaign... savegames

Thanks very thanks

PS: pacualt@yahoo.es

• 4 weeks later...

[Friend John just finished your VIPs mission ' Retreat Night your Bushmaster campaign and not I must give you a big bravo bravo for your final video, you know of the jeep, which is certainly the best I've seen in all the missions that I have been and are already.

Truly I say unto you done GHOSTMASTER.

PS: See if soon we sorprends with another super campaign like this.

• 4 weeks later...

:thumbsup: Do friend JohnTCO2, I would like to congratulate you for the wonderful work you have done with the design of your campaign mission Fort Horizon Night strong?, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hope you animes to create a new campaign soon or by l less you might create one or a few individual missiones but that if may play in SINGLE PLAYER and about all OFFLINE or with the company of my three colleagues the pc guide with his AI.

Good new congratulations and encourage you. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback spanish1 and I'm pleased you liked the campaign.

I have asked before in another thread if there was any interest in seeing anymore campaign's for GRAW2 but I didn't get a lot of replies.

There is a lot of work involved when making a campaign mission so if there is no call for them I don't see the point in putting all that work into making anymore of them.

So what do you all think, if you want to see more campaign's or I can do what spanish1 suggests and make a few single mission campaign's, please post your comments and I will see what I can do.

Looks to be about 1,944 gamers who thought your campaign was worth downloading from GR.NET. I think thats a resonable amount of interest from people who like SP action. Out of the 6 that are available in the download section yours is the best by far. Your lone wolf single missions have been fun so far but being put together into another campaign would be much more enjoyable. :thumbsup:

Well, I want to add my voice to the many that say thank you to John for this campaign. I play LAN with an old mate of mine and we completed GRAW2 many years ago and then whilst trying to find out about the proposed GRAW3, I came across the downloads here. Because I am not going to sit and play Future Soldier whilst online as they propose, I thought of trying some mods like yours and hey presto, new found joy in our lives. I prefer the campaigns because it gives you something to work towards, and my mate and I do not really enjoy the COOP missions where there is no final objective - we play them when we are bored.

My only area of concern with the mods (we are playing two now, your campaign set (I know) and Vitale (I think)) , is that we keep getting crashes. For instance, the one on a container ship at night crashes every third attempt, on both my PC (hosting) and my mates laptop. The trick is to stop flipping getting killed I spose. Also, on your missions Combat Dawn and another one (getting old sorry) I have huge freeze ups on my PC, which is XP equipped, 3,2 ghz processor and 2GB ram with 8600 nvidia card - more powerful than Vista equipped dual core laptop. Will try turning things down on graphics I think.

Anyway, thanks a lot for renewing our pleasure in this game - another campaign would not go amiss, I can tell ya.

Hi MeenMutha,

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

The downfall with GRAW2 is the inherent bugs, we do our best to try and find ways to work around these issues when making the maps and writing the code but sometimes no mater what you do at some point you will experience a crash.

As you mention, sometimes it can help if you reduce the in game textures, video and PhysX settings, even if you have a high spec PC it can still help as GRAW2 is well known for being a recourse hog which is not helped by the memory leak issues which can cause the game to crash after prolonged use.

Having said that we may be able to help if you post the crash log, when the game crashes you normally get a error message in a box, copy all of the text within that box and post it in the forums so we can take a look, some of the errors can have a known cause so if that's the case we maybe able to suggest a fix.

John

Hi MeenMutha,

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

The downfall with GRAW2 is the inherent bugs, we do our best to try and find ways to work around these issues when making the maps and writing the code but sometimes no mater what you do at some point you will experience a crash.

As you mention, sometimes it can help if you reduce the in game textures, video and PhysX settings, even if you have a high spec PC it can still help as GRAW2 is well known for being a recourse hog which is not helped by the memory leak issues which can cause the game to crash after prolonged use.

Having said that we may be able to help if you post the crash log, when the game crashes you normally get a error message in a box, copy all of the text within that box and post it in the forums so we can take a look, some of the errors can have a known cause so if that's the case we maybe able to suggest a fix.

John

Hi John

Thanks for the welcome. We completed your campaign last night with no glitches after I had set my PC down to medium settings, and we played for about three hours without a crash - a great campaign that we really enjoyed, so once again, thanks a bunch.

If I have another crash, then I will do as directed in your post - I can handle a crash or two a session, but when it becomes monotonous, then I will report it. Life aint perfect, so we can live with the schlep if we can have more excitement with more campaigns. :-)

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi John,

First of all, thanks A LOT for this bundle, it's great to play with it as I was beginning to get bored with going through the original missions over and over again.

Obviously I can't fully conceive the amount of time and efforts you've put it this but please know that i really appreciate the quality of both the maps and missions. A bit of challenge sometimes but hey, i got to develop new tactics (other than courageously snipe yourself through the field from a galactic distance). Yay for me :)

That being said, I have this slight problem with the Ghost Town day mission as the blackhawk won't let me in. Actually, it won't land, it just hovers above the extracting zone. I think i may have killed all the tangos as i can freely run throughout the map (and around it too!!) without being shot at by a hidden enemy. Also there are no elements preventing the chopper's landing a part from the indestructible crates and barrels that were originally there... Could you please tell me how to proceed to get to the next mission?

Also, i may point out the fact that on the previous map (can't remember the name but you drive in to what ressemble a "border control building" and get immediately attacked from all sides), the tactical map doesn't reveal any of the enemies nor their vehicules. But maybe that's just my map...

Finally, i know nothing about modding and all that, but it seems to me that your maps are based on a "zone" principle: don't enter the zone, there are no enemies to be seen. Enter it and they suddently appear. Is that so for PC memory reasons or bundle file size ? It would actually be great to have them visible all at once, for better tactical reasons and finding weak spots in the rebel's strongholds.

Overall, this is the best version i've played so far, actually better and more fun than the original game !

Congrats for this creation and i really hope to see new ones coming soon.

Cheers