Nvidia Download Pack #1 For Graw2 Problem

JIGGER

:wall: The Install: Installed the Nvidia PhysX pack for Graw2 without a hitch. Within this pack, Video driver 177.78, PhysX driver 8.08.01, and the Graw 1.05 patch are there.

The Problem: After clicking onto the Graw2 desktop icon, the game proceeds to load up for the Menu Screen. At about 80% loading, a message appears: "Crash in application version: 29980.2562

GRAW2 requires an up to date version of Ageia PhysX and associated DLLs. Please install latest PhysX runtime."

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I'm certain I have the rig to run this game with the Nvidia PhysX driver. Especially since Graw2 is an older game. Here is my computer:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : MSI K9N Platinum (MS-7250)

> Chipset : nVidia nForce 570 SLI

> Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3000 MHz

> Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )

> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

> Hard Disk : NVIDIA (640 GB)

> Hard Disk : MAXTOR (40 GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H54N

> Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 22 inches

> Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

> DirectX : Version 9.0c (December 2008)

>Power Supply: 650 watts

Is there anyone who can help me out? I've been trying to solve this problem for 2 days.

Cannot seem to find a solution anywhere on the net. (Believe me I've tried!)

A solution will be very very much appreciated.

Cheers! :D

K, have you unistalled your old video driver and any PhysX driver you may had before in your PC, then rebooted and only then instaled the 177.83 driver ?

If you did this way, maybe the PhysX software wasnt auto installed when you installed the 177.83 Nvidia driver, go under Nvidia folder, then into the "177.83" folder then click "english" and scroll down to locate the 8.08.01 physx instal package, double click on it.

This may work.

K so you must check at PhysX control panel if the GPU accelaration is activated, go in the start menu, search for "Programs", then "Nvidia Corporation", then "Nvidia Physx Properties" and check if the "Hardware Device Selection", under "Configuration", is checked to Geforce PhysX.

If it is, i suggest you to uninstall your 177.78 driver, uninstall the 8.08.01 PhysX software, reboot your system, and install the 177.83 driver.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/content/forcewithin/uk/download.asp

Edited by thales100

So i suggest you to uninstall (using the control panel / programs / uninstall a program) your 177.78 driver, uninstall the 8.08.01 PhysX software (also (using the control panel / programs / uninstall a program) , reboot your system, and make a clean install of the 177.83 driver.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/content/forcewithin/uk/download.asp

w00tw00t Well, I uninstalled/reinstalled everything as you suggested and...... Ta Dah!!.......[GR:FS] loaded up as it should with all of the "bells and whistles" pertaining to Nvidia PhysX Properties etc.! Looks like it was all about user error, on my part, for I had removed and reinstalled all drivers before.

Again, I thank you for your time, patience, and kindness in helping this 59 year old gamer out. You're a fine asset to these forums and all the best to you. Cheers! :thumbsup: