CO-OP Crash Log

Hi Guys,

One of the best features of GR:AW is the Internet CO-OP (an seemingly unique these days, why do developers hate CO-OP?). I live in NYC and play it with my brother in Australia. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work after the new patch. After searching the forum, it seems that many people are having this same issue.

The crash happens after the loading screen explaining how you will lose if you go too far away from your team mate etc. The host will load to the gear select screen, but the clients will only see the loading screen and then a black screen and that's it. The bizarre thing is, sometimes in this black screen, the client can press escape and get to the GR:AW menu screen.

Here is the crash log for the devs to work on. Please fix our beloved CO-OP!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wed Jun 28 05:24:27 2006

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.16

data\lib\script_network\networkdamage.dsf(-1): cant find member: damage_bullet_effect in type <void>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to my system info that I made using the EasyInfo tool that came with BF2.

-Bacon

Edited by PrvtBacon

It sure is nice to hear that i'm not the only one having this problem. I have a friend that lives about 3200 km away and he cannot connect to my server with the above mentioned symptoms, but he does'nt get a crash log....it only says "unknown error". This has been happening since day 1 with this game, and the funny thing is that he can connect to my Domination server with no problems at all....wierd stuff.

So I played this again last night, and it worked on some maps. In my first post I had only tried "Quarterback", but last night I had it working on "NORAD on the line". So if your having a similar problem, just try a different map.

Let me know how it goes,

-Bacon