XBOX LIVE Connectivity Issues with Larger Groups

Fifa Inspected

Good afternoon everyone,

Our community has been playing GR starting with GR2 and rarely had connectivity issues.. Up until GR:AW.

Regardless of host we have trouble keeping a full room of 16 players. Typically we start having problems around 12 people, then the drops start. It's not a bandwidth issue as a number of us are running fast download speeds and we can fill rooms with other games such as Halo, MotoGP06 etc.. We are also very aware of the NAT and DMZ settings as well.

I'm curious if others have had the same experience with GR:AW.

Many thanks in advance.

~ Fifa

yes, on other GR games I could hold 16 FB no problem. I have DSL with 768 k upload and 3MB down. On the new game, with more than 14 players on half-booms I have had half the room drop. With more game info, I am assuming that more upload traffic is happening. Once available... I will be updating my settup to FIOS which is 10MB down and 2 MB up. Should clear up any dropping issues.

Beonder - I have FIOS (20MBPS down and 5MBPS up) and while it does allow for larger rooms ( I can hold 16 people full booms on LMS easily, respawn games have a bit more trouble and going to coop defense with 16 people will guarantee slower connections drop) I still have people drop. It seems that players with a slow connection not only have issues for themselves but end up causing others to lag as well.

So the lowest common denominator (in terms of connection speed) still seems to affect the room even with a host with huge upload speeds. I also think there are still hardware compatability issues that crop up even when the correct ports are open and NAT settings are reading "Open"

Beonder - I have FIOS (20MBPS down and 5MBPS up) and while it does allow for larger rooms ( I can hold 16 people full booms on LMS easily, respawn games have a bit more trouble and going to coop defense with 16 people will guarantee slower connections drop) I still have people drop. It seems that players with a slow connection not only have issues for themselves but end up causing others to lag as well.

So the lowest common denominator (in terms of connection speed) still seems to affect the room even with a host with huge upload speeds. I also think there are still hardware compatability issues that crop up even when the correct ports are open and NAT settings are reading "Open"

yeah, we get problems starting at 10 players. 12 players is a rare treat. 16, i have never been in a 16 player room that didnt drop players

yeah, we get problems starting at 10 players. 12 players is a rare treat. 16, i have never been in a 16 player room that didnt drop players

There is something amiss then, because I play 16 player rooms every night without people dropping. The only issues occur when there are multiple split screeners playing.

And where are you getting 5 up? I'm in NY and the most I have seen advertised is 2MB up. Haven't heard of faster FIOS connections than that.

Edited by beonder13

There is something amiss then, because I play 16 player rooms every night without people dropping. The only issues occur when there are multiple split screeners playing.

And where are you getting 5 up? I'm in NY and the most I have seen advertised is 2MB up. Haven't heard of faster FIOS connections than that.

Fios.jpg

Outside of Albany NY