Smoke grenades in GR?

peXmo

Sure, but not in the off-the-shelf GhostRecon. You'll find one in the War of Infamy mod. Don't know how the got it to work, though.... some effects tagging in Max prolly.

I don't know about whether it blocks the view of AI though....

Dang thats a big mod to just get smokes into my kits :) any other smoke grenades out there? And thats throwable? THink wois smoke are just planted where you stand

As far as I know, any smokes need to be placed and not thrown.

Correct.

And do they work on the ai?

No. Smoke is an Alpha channel, and does not block the line of sight for AI actors, they see right through it.

Hopefully GR2 will have workable smoke.

Well I took a closerlook at the WOI smoke grenade and went and made my own <_< . Nothing fancy, essentially a green beercan looking thing that spits out lotsa smoke.

I'll pack in up in a zip file for you when I wake up tomorow...

What's this mod for, anyway?

Oh BTW I tried to "fake" a thrown smoke grenade by making the placed nade appear 10m in front of the player. Worked fine... but "throw" it off a slope, and the thing hangs smokin' in mid-air lol

Edited by The Worm

Well I took a closerlook at the WOI smoke grenade and went and made my own  <_<  . Nothing fancy, essentially a green beercan looking thing that spits out lotsa smoke.

I'll pack in up in a zip file for you when I wake up tomorow...

What's this mod for, anyway?

Oh BTW I tried to "fake" a thrown smoke grenade by making the placed nade appear 10m in front of the player. Worked fine... but "throw" it off a slope, and the thing hangs smokin' in mid-air lol

The mod is for our coop games. We try to make it as class based as possible.