Music at Startup

Scorch3013

Skip this paragraph if you are using default GR music.

Get the music file and convert it to GR-native format. Put it in your mod's sound folder. Go to IGOR, go to Tools, go to Sound Volume Editor. Browse to your mod's sound folder and click on it. Click OK, and when the popup box goes away, click Reconcile. Click Apply. Exit the Volume Editor.

In your mission, go to Script and Edit. Add a new block that is triggered by Startup. For the response, add one called MusicStart or PlaySound. Specify your sound, e.g. mymusic.wav. Done.

Got it, thanks! And thank you, I've been a long time player of GR ever since it first came out. Hell, it was my first shooter. I entered the modding game very late always wanting to make my own missions until I discovered IGOR. Found a tutorial that taught me the basics and the rest I've been learning from trial and error (until now) and ended up completing a mission. Looking forward to getting acquainted now that I've finally joined the community! :rocky:

Glad you've come along, we need some more mission modders around here. Unfortunately, you and me are fairly new around here, and we got into the modding scene way too late to make much of an impact. Can't get the right 3dsMax, can't get Photoshop in an old version, some systems won't run GR.....I could venture to say that you, me, Zeealex, Tinker, and maybe ApexMods are the last active mission modders these days. Still lots of active players though, I've gotten over 800 downloads on my latest mod just in about three months. You might check it out if you want some new missions, my mod is in the unofficial expansion pack section in the downloads, 'Claiming Liberty'. I'd like to see that completed mission of yours if you don't mind; if it's serversided, just upload the .mis file to a hosting server and I can put it in my Origmiss mission folder and try it out. Hopefully you'll be making some mods to release to the public?

Yeah I'd love to. I need to move the finished mission I have into it's own folder because I've put a lot of my broken and unfinished work in there. Once I get the hang of this (which I'm starting to at this point) I'd like to post my stuff for the public. Right now I'm waiting for a friend of mine to record the briefing for me on my finished one and then it will be good to go. As for my other work, I'm trying out a Green vs Tan army men mission and I'm also wanting to do a campaign based on a war series I did in high school and put on YouTube. The title 'Claiming Liberty' sounds familiar, I think I might have downloaded it at one time, I'll re-add it and see.