As the days of the 2018 calendar soon run out, we take a look back at the best games of the year, in what has been an actioned packed 365 days.
We have picked 7 of the greatest reels that have put us and fellow players into a spin. You’ll find out about all the games and the developers behind this year’s success stories, as we take you through worlds of Greek Gods, Western Showdowns, Viking Madness and plenty of Diamond choices.
The Best Slots for 2018
- The year started off in fine form with the release of Quickspin’s Pied Piper™. The game brought much excitement, not only do Quickspin release one game a month but the size of this game brought with it more cash bonuses than rats! The Jackpot of this new release surpassed the highest progressive jackpot at the time, outdoing the likes of Divine Fortune™.
- Blueprint Gaming brought about another Jackpot King series game with Wish Upon a Leprechaun™. March saw the first release of the big cash games with this little Irish-themed number. The software developer poured their usual genius into a game which was packed with bonus features that it offered little time to play the base game and presented more of the big prized features.
- Asgardian Stones™ by NetEnt was the first major release from the biggest games developer in the business. Immediately breaking Finnish records as most played game upon release following the released stats of www.casinosuomi.eu. This game brought NetEnt’s usual ease of gameplay and win rate with it and spawned many Nordic myth rip-offs after.
- Last year’s Game of the Year, El Toro™ was produced by the newest software company to the industry, Elk Studios. They came into 2018 with Kaiju™. Where Blade Runner meets Godzilla, this reel saw the developer continue in very fine form with this first Sci-Fi release of the year by any software developer and by now it was April!
It didn’t all Kick-off in the Summer
With the World Cup taking place, many developers seemed to be on hiatus. During much of June, July and August, casinos were packed with the older games which held any theme of football in it. A dry patch indeed, and a period of the year which offered very, very little. Step forward Blueprint Gaming to save us once again.
- Spinal Tap™ scoring an 11/10, obviously, this official release of the cult movie ramped up the summer heat as it stuck to the movies themes and ideas perfectly. Seven different bonus rounds where packed into the game with a ‘10,000 times your bet multiplier’ to land. 2187 paylines, free spins and more made this game rock!
- Football hangovers passed and in October spawned the wake of Halloween games. The preferred choice of many came in the form of the ghoulish Wolf Hunters™ by Yggdrasil. Whilst all others were re-vamping old games, Yggdrasil made the best horror game of the year by far!
- September 2018, the news broke about the greatest game of the year, before it had even been released to the public, November came and we were graced with Max Quest: Wrath of Ra™ by BetSoft What can only be described as a gambling shoot-em-up, this changed everything. Avatar gameplay, multi-player gameplay and a console-casino hybrid of menacing joy!
Enjoy the greatest slots of 2018 and pick your winner.