Popular Mechanics do Future Soldier

Rocky

Popular Mechanics Article Here

Choice cuts for the short of attention span

Next spring Ubisoft will release one of the most realistic first-person shooter video games ever

Where's that Oh Really Gif when you need one...

we got an exclusive look at a new gameplay level that takes place in Zambia in Southern Africa...In the Zambia level, the Ghosts track down a terror group that detonated a dirty bomb. A squad member releases a personal UAV into the air that you can control almost exactly like you would a four-rotor Parrot AR.Drone

The game presents an augmented reality-style overlay over your field of view that shows potential enemy locations and other intelligence data. And a new kind of HUD emanates like a holographic projection around your gun and shows which weapon you've selected, as well as remaining ammo. The HUD looks like it floats in space, so as you move the information displays for a better view you never have to take your eyes off the enemy.

As an aside, they point to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9KPJlA5yds, which I hadn't seen before. Looks like the next step for a Haynes manual LOL.

I wasn't 100% about one thing, they said flash bangs were always in Ghost Recon.

I'm pretty sure they are not in the original, and I am sure they are not in GRAW, not so sure about GRAW2...

Save me loading up each game, am I right...?

Well,....the article talks about several ways to stun the enemy to be able to hack into their network, but not specificlly about flashbangs.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier also makes heavy use of stun technology. In the multiplayer mode, Stasser says, once an enemy soldier is immobilized, a Ghost can hack into his battlefield data to learn the location of enemies on the battlefield. Roman says there are stun guns you can use in the campaign to incapacitate enemies, and even bombs that shoot out stun shrapnel.

It's likely they will add flashbangs in FS, but as for the last sentence of the article....They're wrong! Wróóóóóng I tell ya!! :angry:

Greetz,

Spik@

I have an issue about this games location. Africa. I distinctly remember that, it is bad news to produce a game in a troubled climate. Why I say this is because, Obama just recently sent 100 US soldiers to Africa to fight against a War Lord.. Obama send 100 troops to Africa

or did they (UbiSoft) know something already? oh well. back to my coffee.. :whistle: