Map Pack #2 Info

Today we're releasing more information about the GRAW PC Map Pack #2. See below for 2 screenshots, each detailing a new game mode that will be added with the map pack. Additionally, this map pack will implement the kill cam, a feature showing you how you died and who shot you. This pack is still in development, aiming for a release at the end of July or beginning of August.

http://ghostrecon.com/us/newspost.php?id=16089

KILL CAM??????? I though they said it wouldn't be possible because of the bandwidth needs. Oh well glad they got it in. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edited by Athenian

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killcam works great in COD2. It definitely weeds out alot of BS whining about being killed by hackers when a killcam will embarass you as to how blind you were to your opponent. And yes, I have uncovered some hackage because of it. This is a great addition, and alone may be recordable since it might enable client side recording.? Either way, its a step toward replays.

Killcam works great in COD2. It definitely weeds out alot of BS whining about being killed by hackers when a killcam will embarass you as to how blind you were to your opponent. And yes, I have uncovered some hackage because of it. This is a great addition, and alone may be recordable since it might enable client side recording.? Either way, its a step toward replays.

Just to clarify, it is not a "kill cam" that's been implemented. It's a "death cam", being able to spectate through the eyes of your remaining team mates when you are dead and have no respawns left.

Just to clarify, it is not a "kill cam" that's been implemented. It's a "death cam", being able to spectate through the eyes of your remaining team mates when you are dead and have no respawns left.

oh snaps! never mind my other thread!

Why the heck do they(Ubi) call it "Killcam"? Deathcam/spectator mode like you describe is a comon feature in xxxx's fps games.

Ubi...:rolleyes:

I wanna send a virtual kick in the junk to whomever at UBI wrote that press release. :(. Thx for the clarification though DrHanke. What I don't get is the UBI press release described what a kill cam is and not what a spectating cam is. Maybe he got confused.

Can you spectate anybody on either team or is it team specific?

Edited by Athenian

Additionally, this map pack will implement the kill cam, a feature showing you how you died and who shot you.

Someone needs to go wake up the person who wrote that. And then kick them 5 times... times the number of people who want a kick, + the number of kiks they request... and hard kicks...

ALSO: If those screens are supposed to represent the game modes, why does the guy have a ZEUS?!

Edited by MagicK

A killcam is anti-tactical but a deathcam is useful for no-respawns or limited respawns games. It could be also helpful to spot some cheaters. Excellent ! Good job !

It is the first compliment I do about GRAW therefore it is time to criticize :P

Just add several non-yellow maps in nature and I'll buy another GRAW copy for my girlfriend.

It's nice to hear some news on the next update. A standard observation cam will be most excellent! Let's just hope we'll be able to enable nightvision while observing as well. There's nothing more frustrating currently then dying during a night COOP mission and not being able to see jack via the fullscreen cross-com, because it's so dark. :(

Excellent. I understand why people might want an actual killcam, to catchhackers or debunk hack accusations, but the drawback is worse. Can people not see the problem with a killcam? You have a good position. Someone gets to see their death through your eyes. Now, they know where you are. Good hack catcher or not, I don't want something like that giving away my position. That would suck.

Excellent. I understand why people might want an actual killcam, to catchhackers or debunk hack accusations, but the drawback is worse. Can people not see the problem with a killcam? You have a good position. Someone gets to see their death through your eyes. Now, they know where you are. Good hack catcher or not, I don't want something like that giving away my position. That would suck.

But surely you should keep moving anyway - doesn't do to stay too long in the same place even if you are getting a few kills. Deathcam or not - if you do stay in one place too long taking out people, you're gonna get spotted sooner or later....

But surely you should keep moving anyway - doesn't do to stay too long in the same place even if you are getting a few kills. Deathcam or not - if you do stay in one place too long taking out people, you're gonna get spotted sooner or later....

If you kill it, they will come. Indeed...

:):grin1:

That is good news for us who like limited or no spawns.

Great!

Spectator mode > Kill cam.

In CoD2 it only shows like 7 seconds of what happened up untill you die, and shows your position with a big stop sign over your head, so you can see how the death played out. We have found some fishy players this way, but it takes more time to do so, as you only have 7 seconds ovf evidence.

Spectator will allow an admin to spec for a longer time, and gather more info and or eveidence against a fishy player.

It will also help with people leaving servers, when they have reached max deaths. Although the mini map was nice, its kinda hard to stay intrested in it for a long period of time.

Either way - just wanna say thanks to GRIN for listening once again, you all never cease to amaze me with what you all do for us.