Starting Missions without Narcom briefings and speeding up chopper&#33

Hi all:

I have found out how to start mission 2 without the narcom briefings and how to spped up the chopper.

Looking for the following code in the data/levels/mission2/mission2.xml file

<event name="start_game">

<element type="DebugString" msg="Begin Game" start_time="0.5"/>

<element type="TriggerEvent" event="heli_ride" start_time="0.1"/>

<element type="ShowInventory" tutorial="true" disable_weapon="predator" start_time="3.0"/>

<!-- <element type="Actor" actor="m02_briefing" start_time="5.0"/> -->

</event>

<event name="heli_ride">

<element type="DebugString" msg="heli_ride" start_time="0.5"/>

<element type="UnitInArea" area="heli_insert" state="activate" start_time="0.0"/>

<element type="SetTransportType" vehicle_id="bud_start" transport_type="insertion" start_time="1.0"/>

<element type="OrderHeli" vehicle_id="bud_start" order="move" position="6265 3789 25054" speed="2.8" target="true" start_time="0"/>

<element type="OrderHeli" vehicle_id="bud_start" order="move" position="23319 -13996 2217" speed="2.6" target="true" start_time="60"/>

<element type="OrderHeli" vehicle_id="bud_start" order="target" position="23520 -13655 2217" start_time="66"/>

</event>

<event name="heli_insert">

<element type="UnitInArea" area="heli_insert" state="deactivate" start_time="0.0"/>

<!-- <element type="Actor" actor="m02_bud_briefing" start_time="3.0"/> -->

<element type="DebugString" msg="heli_insert" start_time="0.0"/>

<element type="ActivateGroup" group_id="guards01" start_time="0.0"/>

<element type="UnitInArea" area="activate_guards01" state="activate" start_time="7.0"/>

<element type="SetHeliStand" vehicle_id="bud_start" start_time="0.0"/>

<element type="SetHeliDropRope" vehicle_id="bud_start" start_time="3.0"/>

<element type="SetHeliDrop" vehicle_id="bud_start" start_time="5.0"/>

<element type="Composition" id="gogogo_01" start_time="6.0"/>

</event>

This is about the 1/4 down from the top.

Comment out the references to the bud_briefings. I have also changed the heli ride speed to around 2.8, 2.6. It's a little jerky but wow it makes the insert faster. Try it out.

I believe that this could be done for all of the missions but I haven't attempted this as of yet.

Have fun

Obmanta

Thanks for the tip Obmanta, I did some more resersh on the subjetct and managed to remove the first briefing movie and the transportation to the insertarea, i removed all waypointsorder exept the last one before intersition and then i edited the world.xml in missionxx/xml, in world.xml you have to find the id of the intersitionblackhawk and change its startpos to the last waypoint pos, if you do that you will beginthe mission with reppeling down to the ground

The green digits in the missionXX.xml sould match the green digits in the world.xml

//LINEs

In the missionXX.xml

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<event name="heli_ride">

<element type="DebugString" msg="heli_ride" start_time="0.5"/>

<element type="UnitInArea" area="heli_insert" state="activate" start_time="0.0"/>

<element type="SetTransportType" vehicle_id="bud_start" transport_type="insertion" start_time="1.0"/>

<element type="OrderHeli" vehicle_id="bud_start" order="target" position="23520 -13655 2217" start_time="0"/>

</event>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the world.xml

<unit name="group_unit" group="blackhawk_crew" group_id="bud_start" vehicle_id="bud_start" crew="true">

<order order="Guard" source_pos="-8537.0898 -4164.8223 0" order_pos="-8537.0898 -3664.8223 2675" patrol_type="moveguard_recon">

</order>

<position pos_x="-8537.0898" pos_y=-4164.8223" pos_z=2875"/>

<rotation yaw="0" pitch="0" roll="0"/>

</unit>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

change the Reticule colors, easy as eat pancakes, just find the crosshair_combatsight.xml in the GUI folder and take a look i it, i think you will figure out kinda fast where the reticule color is set.

Hi ya....thatmks for the great work on this...it's one of my biggest anoyances...you should at least be able to escape out of the mission brief intro as you can with the start of the game movies.

Unfortunately I can not get this mod to work with co-op. (btw. mission02 is the first of the co-op missions coupe-de-ta or whatever it's called).

I changed mission02 as per your info. which all looks good, but for some reason it crashes with the following log...

"C:\source\engine\dieselx\source\utility\Archive.cpp(1673)Cannot open e:\graw for mod testing\data\levels\mission02\xml\mission02_collision.xml.bin

SCRIPT STACK

data\levels\mission02\mission02.dsf(0)"

Which is odd, as all I did was copy over the \levels\mission02\mission02.xml and \levels\mission02\xml\world.xml files into the \local\english directory and change them there.

I have not changed (or copied over) the collision.xml.bin and it should just get it from the bundle shouldn't it?...it also does not seem to be creating a .bin in the local\english... directory for the changed xml...even tough I have set the context.xml to compile xml and it does work fine for other xml changes (ie. weapons and blood mod)...but that's likely because it errors...

If I remove the local\english\levels\mission02\ directory it all works fine again. Odd...

Perhaps this is something particular to the co-op missions (which is all I play)...or alternatively an issue with using local for this mod as opposed to the full unbundled set ....Have you guys tried this mod with co-op?

Any help appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Data

Only folders I see are Movies, Settings, Sound and Textures.

I even did a search on hard drive for XML and Levels but find nothing related to GRAW.

Where could the levels be? the game is playing ok.

Cheers