Post_effect_quality

What do you think looks best ?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it's set in Mexico, but it seems a shame to have these great vibrant texture colours and then to nuke em to 20 shades of yellow :P

I have set mine to off (even though this disables NV at the moment) it looks a much more vibrant and coloured game

I like it off. You see things with it off you never see with it on.

Yeah, all the green vegetation looks great and

the Ghosts camo looks so much better:

GRAW_demo_PE-off3.jpg

and an unexpected benefit is the full screen Camera view from your teammates becomes Colour instead of B&W:

GRAW_demo_PE-off2.jpg

GRAW_demo_PE-on2.jpg

Edited by Pave Low

It also makes the tac map come in color instead of black and white.

I'm undecided about it. However, if AA would work with it off, then I'd use it.

I hate to keep harping about the AA, but it does bring the game down a level. However, my decision to buy the game is not going to be made on whether or not AA is present. It will be on when this patch/add-on is released and when the mod tools are released.

I added two new images to Pave's post.

For me the camo begins to look like camo with PE Off instead of golf leaf with it on .

Also look at the weapon model, with PE OFF, that is how a weapon should look, you can't say it should look like it does with PE On.

So Off gets my vote, pity there wasn't a huge FPS boost :P

Wow seeing these two screens makes me wanna go turn it off now. I think the camera view should have been color anyway..in 2013 camera technology should be alittle better.

Maybe grin can make a patch so you can turn it off and not mess up the nv?

I'm still undecided as well...

I think I'm gonna try it at LOW setting like Whistle suggested, because right now I find it's just two extremes...

If NV still works on LOW then I might keep it that way...

EDIT: I just tried it at LOW setting and it seems to be a good compomise. However I'm gonna test it more in depth when I have more time...

Cheers,

Edited by Tech

I turn the brightness up to 1.20 and it looks like everything should be.

Yeah wish they would fix the Nvision thing. Almost makes ya wish they tossed this whole HDR thing from the beginning and stuck with lighting/soft shadows. Kinda like what BF:2 does ya know?

I do like Hdr kinda tho, it has it's moments.

The Downside of turning it off? No Night vision. have fun on the dark maps with your pretty colors :)

The point is to convince the devs that the post effect should be toned down man.

It's true. I would have (And my squad) A totally diferent outlook on this game if they would give us dynamic graphic options like other games. The options they give us are basic at best and leave little room for the low end user.

The game would be the (wtfpwn) basicly with a wide range of options.

Edited by Aaronson

The Downside of turning it off? No Night vision. have fun on the dark maps with your pretty colors :)

The point is to convince the devs that the post effect should be toned down man.

Bingo! :grin1:

Patchy patchy..... :whistle:

might be possible to have our NVG cake and eat it

I'm with the "OFF" crew but I agree with capteenix, it does look more like a summers day in Europe with it off. Hopefully the devs will tweak it but if the thing is now being shipped I think it unlikely. :g_withgrin:

Prefer it on myself, altough it doesn't seem as strong on my rig as it does on the screenies shown here, might be to do with my GPU. I definitly prefer the command map and especially the black and white cross-com feed with it on. I think the b&w cross-com is one of the best looking things in the game :P .