scroll wheel on my mouse

Iggy.

i cant' figure it out. i have uninstalled my mouse and reinstalled it- same with the demo itself.

while playing the game, the inability to scroll makes it impossible to change weapons, and issue orders. is anyone else getting this? my mouse is an mx600 wireless i believe. i've never had a problem with this in any other game. this is the same mouse i've used with rvs, AA, bf1942, bfv, bf2, fear, farcry, hl2, etc.

is it possible that a game doesn't support certain mice?

Yeah...it looks like they may have messed up making this the ONLY way to do these options. Is there any way to map keys for these functions? Or are they entirely dependant on the mouse wheel?

Regardless, it only seems prudent to allow for the mapping of these functions…hell…EVERY FUNCTION…this is a PC game, after all.

Sounds like u have the logitech mice.

I had the same problem.

Go to setpoint settings and make every button u can to Generic.

Leave the others default.

All other settings i have is default. That solved it 4 me.

Hope u get it right.

Edited by MrFunkY

I sort of had the same problem. I could scroll but it wouldn't allow me to select anything when you push it. It was set to Universal Scroll in the setpoint options. I changed it to Middle button and it works fine now. I have a G5 laser mouse, so not sure if this is helpful.

I sort of had the same problem. I could scroll but it wouldn't allow me to select anything when you push it. It was set to Universal Scroll in the setpoint options. I changed it to Middle button and it works fine now. I have a G5 laser mouse, so not sure if this is helpful.

My scroll wheel "button" just failed all of the sudden as well. I'll give these options a try.

Cheers!

Fresh

I could scroll but it wouldn't allow me to select anything when you push it.

i'm not sure if this helps, but i have to double click the wheel to select.

I have a Logitech MX518 too. I can access the menu with the middle button, but can't scroll up and down. I can choose the first highlighted option ("Move" in that case).

I tried it with my Saitek Laser mouse as well. Same situation here.

Any ideas?

Jens

I have the LogiTech MX1000 Laser, and this thing is pretty useless with GRAW, I have dl'd the new drivers (45Mb for a mouse utility??!!!) and I have tried almost every conceivable combination of mapping the buttons and it still will not work, I cannot even put my old mouse back on here unless I uninstall the Logitech cr@p. Does anyone know of a generic driver that I could use with this logi-mouse?

P.S \This is on the DEMO, not sure if it will be able to run on the full game though..

Edited by cathurga

Hmmm, I have the Logitech MX700 and it works fine apart from using the mouse menus I can only scroll down the way. I thought this was maybe due to me changing a mapping by mistake, but reading the above, perhaps not.

yep indeed , im running mx518, and if u set the scrolling to ANY ACTION it wont work. Change back to default, than restart and adres the keys u want but leave the SCROLL alone , dont use it, than u will be able to use it in the menus.

(see former post too)

-M-

yep indeed , im running mx518, and if u set the scrolling to ANY ACTION it wont work. Change back to default, than restart and adres the keys u want but leave the SCROLL alone , dont use it, than u will be able to use it in the menus.

(see former post too)

-M-

Thanks......I'll give those options a go..... :)

Fresh

(see former post too)

-M-

YES YES, that worked brilliantly......thanks a bunch........ :grin1:

Fresh

I'm finding it easier to just stay on my primary the whole time. That's how frustrated I am with these controls in general. If I wanted a scroll and click menu to change my weapon I'd go play the XBOX 360! Primary, secondary, kit 1, and kit 2 should all be seperate key binds. Everytime I even consider changing weapons I'm taken completely out of the game (not literally mind you) as I have to navigate this scroll menu. To make matters worse, I use my left mouse button for moving backward, and my right mouse button for moving forward. As such, each time I want to change weapons I have to pretty much stop moving completely to work the damn mouse wheel. Then I've got this issue with having sweaty hands when I play which makes working this smooth rubber mouse wheel next to impossible sometimes. I never used the mouse wheel for GR and don't want to use it for GRAW. This is supposed to be GRAW for the PC, yet there is no option to bind weapon selections directly. I swear, it's one thing after another with this game.

Edited by Low Profile

Cookie,

I had the same problem u did, couldn't switch weapons, give squad orders, etc!, so I went out and bought the cheapest wheel mouse I could find (Kensington #19420, $9.99), and plugged it in. Now everything works ok, but I can't move or shoot worth a ****!. I have been using a Logitech #T-BC-21 Marble Mouse for about 3 years now. Just for giggles, I plugged my Logitech back in also, and was pleasantly surprised to be able to use both mouses without any conflict in or out of the game. I use the Logitech for everything but weapons changes, and squad orders. Hope this helps somebody else out there!

Sparkinator

ASUS P4P800-VM

Intel P4 3.2 HT

NVidia GeForce 7800 GS OC 8x AGP 256MB DDR3

4GB OCZ Ultra High Performance 3200/400MHZ RAM

ANTEC Smart Power 2.0 500watt PS

Logitech T-BC21 Marble Mouse

Kensington 19420 Wheel Mouse

(see former post too)

-M-

Fresh

I tried this using a Logitech Marble Mouse (5-buttons)...didn't work. I sent an email to support regarding not being able to access the menu items using my current device. The response I got was "Thank you for reporting this issue. We are currently looking into adding additional support for non-mousewheel devices. Thank you for your patience."

I can't find anywhere on the box that a required component consists of a mouse with a mousewheel. If a mousewheel is necessary to play the game then it needs to be mentioned on the box.

I'm extremely frustrated, because I'm stuck at the second mission and cannot switch to the rocket launcher to take out the tank. This is something that needs to be fixed quickly. There should be a means of moving through these menus without a mousewheel.

You can do it in Swat 4...

• 7 months later...

(see former post too)

-M-

Fresh

I tried this using a Logitech Marble Mouse (5-buttons)...didn't work. I sent an email to support regarding not being able to access the menu items using my current device. The response I got was "Thank you for reporting this issue. We are currently looking into adding additional support for non-mousewheel devices. Thank you for your patience."

I can't find anywhere on the box that a required component consists of a mouse with a mousewheel. If a mousewheel is necessary to play the game then it needs to be mentioned on the box.

I'm extremely frustrated, because I'm stuck at the second mission and cannot switch to the rocket launcher to take out the tank. This is something that needs to be fixed quickly. There should be a means of moving through these menus without a mousewheel.

Has this been solved?

I have the almost exact same problems.

Very very frustraitng.

Tried to reinstall the game, booting it and only map a few keys without touching the wheel.

Didnt work.

I also have a Belkin Nostromo n52 wich also has a scrollwheel....

Maybe that adds to the problem??

heeelp.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had similar problems with the mousewheel on my Logitech MX 700, But I have a Nostromo 52 that I use with the mouse for FPS games and the wheel on the Nostromo functions as it should in GRAW and in several other games.

I do agree with the poster (low profile) who commented that we should be able to bind controls to other keys. I never use a mousewheel for any purpose except as a clickable button unless I have to. It really slows me down.