Preview - LoadedInc

"we go hands-on with the PC port of the tactical shooter."

that's just bad wording.

True but he also adds "The PC version isn’t a straight port of the 360. Far from it, it’s built from the ground up. Levels are two to three times larger on the PC version. There are eleven campaign levels ALL of which can be played with up to three other friends (or even people you don’t like). " That sounds a lot better. I don't think anyone edited his review very well either. Spelling isn't a huge deal, but when a lot of people are going to read your piece you should be a little more careful. I am the worst at spelling in my posts.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention that I was excited about the editing part where they talk about how edited maps will not be limited to only 4 players for online coop. Very exciting and I think I remember a few people having questions about this.

Edited by dporter

Yeh the inconsistant use of the word "port" should have been picked up on really. Apart from that good read, although I think we managed to get some more juicy details out of our visit (just waiting for the green light to publish that tomorrow).

Edit:  Sorry forgot to mention that I was excited about the editing part where they talk about how edited maps will not be limited to only 4 players for online coop.  Very exciting and I think I remember a few people having questions about this.

I am sure someone from GRIN will clarify that, but I do not think that is cast in stone, time will tell if 4 can be modded upwards.

Perhaps the biggest reason for owning the PC version will be the editor which will become available for download post release. This will allow players to create their own levels as well as other gameplay alterations. The most interesting thing about the editor that was mentioned was that levels made in the editor by users are not limited to four player cooperative. Imagine that. User made levels will allows multiple squads to run around and work together, frankly the gameplay possibilities are utterly unlimited by that amount of cooperative play.

That's probably great news for you co-op players out there worried about the 4-player limit. :)

It was a good read, thanks Bo.

For instance, you can shoot open the door of a car and then hide behind said door for cover.

awesome!

Thankfully he had god mode on but the ruthlessness of the enemies was apparent.

please don't include that in the final build.

It’s been made clear that running and gunning won’t work in GRAW, you will have to think and act tactically.

awesome!

We were informed that the PC version we saw was more or less complete. The only major game adjustments left do be done by the dev team is altering the difficulty from level to level and to optimise the lighting.

woohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if your sprint for to long you’ll find that your aiming has gone all to hell and that your trooper has the shakes

Nice

The most interesting thing about the editor that was mentioned was that levels made in the editor by users are not limited to four player cooperative.

awesome!

" We were also shown the environments. Just about anything can be destroyed or damaged in some way. Even better, it can then be used for tactical purposes. "

"In fact it was the AI that impressed me most, especially from the enemies."

"It’s been made clear that running and gunning won’t work in GRAW, you will have to think and act tactically."

"Instead if your sprint for to long you’ll find that your aiming has gone all to hell and that your trooper has the shakes, forcing you to take cover until you get your breath back."

"Naturally the graphics on the PC version will be better "

"Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on the PC looks extremely promising and providing they can get the balance right we could be looking at one of the best tactical shooters ever seen."

:wub::drool:

"Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on the PC looks extremely promising and providing they can get the balance right we could be looking at one of the best tactical shooters ever seen."

looks extremely promising
Conservative by a long way.

balance right
Already done.

He must have gone to the wrong office.

Good report, cheers Boss.

looks extremely promising
Conservative by a long way.

balance right
Already done.

He must have gone to the wrong office.

Good report, cheers Boss.

:rofl: LOL Colin. You tell 'im! :o=

GR:AW CO-OP:Robust As Requested!!!

Loadedinc.com Preview

If you guys have not read the Loadedinc.com PC GR:AW review, then get to it. I was reading the review and everything was being highly praised. I was starting to think, "ok where is the but..." The 4 player co-op hit me and I was getting that sinking feeling. I believed if I kept reading Bo was going to surpise me. Sure enough Bo surprised me with exactly what I've been asking for (ok lots of us have been asking :rolleyes: ). This bit of sentence caught my eyes "...users are not limited to four player cooperative.", then this, " User made levels will allows multiple squads to run around and work together, frankly the gameplay possibilities are utterly unlimited by that amount of cooperative play. ".

Thank you BO!!!...Thank you GRIN!!! :D:D:D:cheers: ...

Do you see what I see... SR 2006

silent_op

EDIT:

Sorry ZJJ, in my excitement I didn't see the already existing topic. Please merge this with the Loadedinc topic.

Edited by silent_op

I'm so excited about GR:AW. This is going to be one long month...

That Loadedinc.com review was exactly what I need to read. I'm still interested in reading the GR.net's staff report. Does UBI have the report Colin?

I loved the parts about the enemy AI, especially this part:

One person was pinned near the corner of a building, whilst one set of enemies kept him there another group split off and circled round catching him in a pincer movement.

I can just imagine the calls coming over the TS now, "We're pinned down...We got to move...What the?...Taking fire from the right...######!...check your six!..."

The news about the modding tool was also just incredible news.

Perhaps the biggest reason for owning the PC version will be the editor which will become available for download post release. This will allow players to create their own levels as well as other gameplay alterations.

Thank you Bo! Thank you GRIN! :cheers::cheers:

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

That preview made my heart flutter... is it bad that I want to caress GRAW?

Anyways.... everything in there just added to my expectations of probably the best shooter in 2006. I'm really excited about no player kits, they are so restrictive, but nope not in GRAW baby.

Oh and it would seem all our concerns with the AI have been answered, they said it rocked!!! And I love agressive AI makes you think a lot quicker on your feet. :thumbsup:

Edited by BlackSmoke