New PC shots of GRAW in action at IGN.

ok they look nice but for goodness sake, HDR is not suppost to look like Acid trip Bloom. "real" HDR is subtle in all but the most extreme cases.

If i wanted my games to look like a drug trip, id take drugs.

I would say the screens look "awsome" but i cant see half of them since there washed out in HDR.

edit:

P.S.

I have only seen "bloom" like this once in my life. I was working in very low light, and a coworked opened the door to go outside on a very bright day. past the door a bit away there was a white 20 foot tall wall. This really "kicked" up the light going through the door, and they appeared to be swallowed by a bright white "bloom".

hense extreme case.

I may be alone or with many but this fantasy use of HDR is annoying, in a realistic game.

Edited by Suli

I'm not crazy about the weapon's view, and the weapons look a bit too smooth, like a console game.

That, and the fact that the shots are partially washed out with the lighting and stuff aside, looks cool.

But the screenies don't tell the tale. They are nice to look at, but the gameplay will be the real story teller.

But it's good to at least see something. :thumbsup:

Edited by Phantm

I really dislike the weapon view on screen. The gun shouldn't have the buttstock tucked under your armpit like it looks like it is in those shots. And the SF guys wouldn't take unaimed shots. IMHO if they have the weapon shown on the screen at least make it realistic. Iron sight (or scope) view, low ready or the "across the chest" look, kinda like how the rifle is when you run in AA.

modding the first person weapon will depend on a few things model wise.

is there animation system supportive of simply dropping in a new model? (IK)

or does the animation have to be a part of the weapon it self.

are the "weapon" animations a part of the soldier animation?

meaning not seperate and blended.

if you are able to see your body like they say you can is it a seperate model like traditional FPV or is it the real scene model with some camera tweaks.

in all too many questions that would need answering.

i guess we'll see.

maybe a thread view can give a hint.

Edited by Suli

ok they look nice but for goodness sake, HDR is not suppost to look like Acid trip Bloom. "real" HDR is subtle in all but the most extreme cases.

If i wanted my games to look like a drug trip, id take drugs.

I would say the screens look "awsome" but i cant see half of them since there washed out in HDR.

edit:

P.S.

I have only seen "bloom" like this once in my life.  I was working in very low light, and a coworked opened the door to go outside on a very bright  day. past the door a bit away there was a white 20 foot tall wall.  This really "kicked" up the light going through the door, and they appeared to be swallowed by a bright white "bloom".

hense extreme case.

I may be alone or with many but this fantasy use of HDR is annoying, in a realistic game.

I like the screens, I really cant complain about anything. As far as the bloom, I assume thats the bright light effect, I find it pretty annoying too but I suspect that bloom is occuring because of some type of explosion? There is a previous shot where the player is heading to some dark area where that bloom effect is not present, but if the moment he hits a dark spot and that effect turns on, I definetly would not like it.

"bright light effect"

yup thats what i should be saying instead of bloom. It the effect caused by HDR.

btw i should mention that really is the only thing that annoys me, the rest looks like it would be an environment i would like to play in.

modding the first person weapon will depend on a few things model wise.

is there animation system supportive of simply dropping in a new model? (IK)

or does the animation have to be a part of the weapon it self.

are the "weapon" animations a part of the soldier animation?

meaning not seperate and blended.

if you are able to see your body like they say you can is it a seperate model like traditional FPV or is it the real scene model with some camera tweaks.

in all too many questions that would need answering.

i guess we'll see.

maybe a thread view can give a hint.

Thank God i already started learning about animations, hopefully we will get to make our own animations for our own weapons.

It would be unwise to make too many conclusions on a few screen shots, from a 3 0r 5 party source.

What we see is shots from what ever source. TOO many variables to be over critical at this stage.

On one note the HDR could be bad because in game optical feture is off.??

I like it. I do have to agree on the bloom. However, I will say that I thought it was near perfect on some shots, like the one of the dood shooting the dood off the APC. On that shot, I felt the bloom was good, but perhaps just one hair too agressive along the tops of the buildings. There were however at least one shot that was horrific regarding the bloom, the one in the street where the sidewalk is glowing white hot.

Other than the bloom issue, I really liked what I saw, slimlined HUD, refined and thinned compass; that and the info on the AI, makes me a happy camper. I don't have an issue with the FPWV. I think it definately adds to the realism, I mean, I can always see my hands holding a weapon, unless I'm shooting from the hip or some nonsense. I always hated the fact that I couldn't see my feet in GR, so I think the whole added aspect of self is good.

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to some diving, sliding and dipping and rippin! I can't wait to play this MP.

Also, the muzzle flash is way over done.

Muzzle flash only looks like that in the dead of night.

If muzzle flash really looked like that during the day, we'd be planting body bags of cops and soldiers by the hundreds, because after the first shot, they'd be blind and get waxed by the enemy.

Truth is, you can't really see small arms muzzle flash during the day, unless it's in a heavily shaded area.

I think they look good, though we will probably be able to tell if the "bloom" or "bright light effect" is overdone once we see that in a hi-res video footage, which I can't wait to see. :rocky:

The only thing that is bothering me a bit is the weapon view... I do think it's better than the original reticule-only view, but if it's just a model that serves no purpose other than shaking around the screen for show (like in RvS), it's a big waste of immersion feeling. Like Rugg said, we should be able to use iron sights to aim, and if possible (well, I'm sure it is possible, they just have to implement it) the ability to lower the weapon out of view.

That way we would have full control over the weapon. I hope Grin will give us iron sights aiming, at least.

Otherwise, it will feel really dumb to run around taking unaimed shots all the time...

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the "advanced leaning system", can't wait to get some more info on this. :thumbsup: