Special Forces Movies

firefly2442

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been reading Masters of Chaos, I would really get into a movie of that. Maybe Bruckheimer along the lines of BHD in terms of humanizing the characters but less of the innocence-lost and more of the practical warrior aspect would be more befitting. That would be very cool.

Having been reading Masters of Chaos, I would really get into a movie of that.  Maybe Bruckheimer along the lines of BHD in terms of humanizing the characters but less of the innocence-lost and more of the practical warrior aspect would be more befitting.  That would be very cool.

Excellent book. I've read it several times now.

• 1 month later...

Probably Black Hawk Down is my favorite. I think they did a great job translating it into a story which could fit into movie format. The book account of course was way better, but that's almost always the case.

However, Tears of the Sun has actually made me think of GR more then any other film. Especially that village takedown where they went silent. It's got some slow points and the overall plot isn't my favorite, but defintely feels authentic.

other notables:

Clear and Present Danger - limited but cool

Saving Private Ryan - old school Rangers

HEAT - not really SF, but still good

Collateral - same but with great pistol work

Navy Seals - kinda corny but still fun

Ronin - mercs with IRA?

SWAT - not great but still there

Bad Boys II - flashy but I like the ending

Proof of Life - one great scene at the end

Is anything cool coming out soon? Miami Vice might be good, but yet again, another remake of a popular TV show.

[Merged into existing thread - Please check before posting]

Edited by Brettzies

I felt that the movie "Rain" was a fairly good movie. It was based on the use of dogs during Vietnam and so the action is pretty limited, the main thing that sticks out in my mind is the use of camera angles. There were some really excellant shots, one of which was when a squad was caught in an ambush and the main character stunned to see one of his friends dead, pauses for a moment with the camera at ground level looking up to his face with rockets blazing overhead. The image still sticks out in my mind after a year of seeing it. I've tried looking for an image of it online but have had no success.

I've always been a fan of The Delta Force with good old Chuck Norris who, they say is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head and also drives a ice cream truck covered in human skulls.

For more Chuck Norris Facts click Here

Edited by SealTeam6

I've always been a fan of The Delta Force with good old Chuck Norris who, they say is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head and also drives a ice cream truck covered in human skulls.

I think I saw Delta Force when I was 10 or 11. It scared the crap out of me since we were living in Spain at the time. But I loved it. I can even remember the music kind of.

Saving Private Ryan

Das Kommando (a german movie about a fictional KSK mission in the Caucasus)

OMFG

There is no chin under Chuck Norris' Beard. There is only another fist.

Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

In the beginning there was nothing...then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said "Get a job". That is the story of the universe.

:rofl:

:lolup:

CC

Edited by CommandoCrazy

OT but what the heck.

For low flying I prefer these clips ;)

Flying_Low

Flying_Low_Again

More_Crazy_Low_Flying

Even_More_Extreme_Low_Alt_Flying

Love the overflights at the start of "Flying Low Again" and the clip 1:42 into "Even More Extreme Low Alt Flying" where the pilot has to unload to avoid an oncoming truck :blink:

Love the overflights at the start of "Flying Low Again" and the clip 1:42 into "Even More Extreme Low Alt Flying" where the pilot has to unload to avoid an oncoming truck  :blink:

:blink:

I found a TV documentary about MJK at google. It's about 15 years old so the equipment is outdated, and the music is horrible. :D The vid follows three special forces teams (recruits I believe) during training operation Sabotage. A bit of a slow start, but it gets more interesting when the op begins. Just be patient. :)

link

• 4 months later...