Special Forces Movies

firefly2442

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, now that movie looks cool. Thanks for posting HF. Nice to see a movie finally being made which is based on the real events of Operation Wrath of God.

It is actually a remake of the old HBO film, Sword of Gideon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002IQIH...&s=dvd&v=glance

based on the books The Hit Team:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/031684590...=books&v=glance

and Vengeance:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074329164...=books&v=glance

The absolute favorite is probably the Guns on Navarrone.

Next is US Navy Seals and Blackhawk Down, but I felt that Bravo-Two-Zero was a bit mediocre, and it didn�t coincide with the book very well.

I agree.

i know mcnab was there for the footage but the movie was disapointment for me...

I reaaly like his books tough..The Nick Stone ones...tough its getting repetitive....Remote Control is my favourite.

• 3 months later...

SAS hero Andy McNab gives a personal account of what it takes to become the ultimate warrior. This video illustrates how the SAS and other Special Forces select the few from the many. Contains rare and previously unseen footage, dramatic re-enactments, weapon and demolition's training and interrogation resistance.

uw6kq.jpg

A look at the SAS in action featuring operational footage from the Falklands, the Peterhead Prison rescue, Mogadishu, Bosnia, Northern Ireland, Colombia, Borneo, Mirbat, Malaya, Libyan Embassy, Iraq and Jebel Akhdar. Also features veterans of previous SAS campaigns and an interview with Andy McNab who tells the story of his capture and incarceration.

sas1rq.jpg

The S.A.S. has always shrouded itself in secrecy. Its men regularly undertake some of the most dangerous missions imaginable in war zones around the world. But the world's finest elite fighting force prefers to operate strictly out of the spotlight. This programme gives an unrivalled insight into the true combat history of the regiment, from it's formation in the North African desert in WWII to its highly secret operations in the jungles of Malaya and Borneo. It reveals the hidden wars fought in Oman in the 1950's and 1970's, undercover operations in the Gambia, Sierra Leone, Bosnia and the Yemen. The Iranian Embassy Siege operation is followed in detail as is the notorious 'Bravo Two Zero' mission, and other well less known missions in the Gulf War, taking the story up to the war in Afghanistan and the brutal hand-to-hand fight in the caves of Torah Borah. These dramatic events are recounted using vivid battle recreations, rare archive film and even the private 'home movies' and photographs of S.A.S. personnel, whilst ex-S.A.S. veterans recount their own experiences. For the first time, this is the real story of the S.A.S.

6739412km.jpg

Just be aware that Andy McNab is persona non grata at Hereford. The RSM recounted McNabs debriefing at Hereford, which didn't match the accounts in the book. Basically, there were a lot of lies in Bravo 2 Zero. Also, McNab was told to take vehicles by the RSM and Commander, but he insisted and refused.

Black Hawk Down ..

I only see one movie a year, so I missed this one, but I just saw it on my friend's big screen, and I have to say it put me in a bad mood. This was the reason I didn't want to see it in the first place.

I remember hearing about all of the news on the radio back when it actually happened, and I was annoyed then, but seeing the movie just brought all of those old feelings back, and then more. The visuals really added to the lack of details I heard from the radio back then (I have always preferred radio over TV).

I'm going to stop here, as I don't want this to turn into a political discussion. I just have to say that this movie was VERY powerful and it really got my blood boiling. There is so much more I want to say.

What?!  No mention of this oscar winning materpiece???

GDCIIHORx.jpg

:lol:

Seriously though, anyone know anything about September Tapes?  Haven't seen any trailers on it but it suddenly popped up at the movie theatres (in Mexico).

Nice movie poster!

September Tapes (DVD):

I hated it, but I guess some would like it. It's a "fictional documantary" like The Blair Witch Project. It was filmed in the Middle East and even used a few real peopel from the region ( a gun runner was involved), but it is all scripted and staged.

Of course they don't tell you that going in. :thumbsup:

I guess there are some decent parts in it if you know what you are watching, but it was to heavy on the fake drama for me.

-John

Just be aware that Andy McNab is persona non grata at Hereford. The RSM recounted McNabs debriefing at Hereford, which didn't match the accounts in the book. Basically, there were a lot of lies in Bravo 2 Zero. Also, McNab was told to take vehicles by the RSM and Commander, but he insisted and refused.

I wonder why he aint welcome?

Andy McNab, author of nine Sunday Times bestsellers, left school with no qualifications and joined the infantry as a boy soldier. In 1984 he was badged to 22 SAS Regiment and during the first Gulf War commanded an eight-man patrol tasked with destroying mobile Scud missile launchers – a mission which led to the deaths of three of his men and the capture and savage torture of four – including McNab. For their conduct, the Bravo Two Zero patrol became the most highly-decorated since the Boer War, and McNab’s account of the operation became the best-selling book of all time, published in 17 countries and translated into 16 languages.

i heard some stuff a while back about a splinter cell movie, anyone hear anything about that lately?

plus, if theyre making SC and HALO movies, why not a GR movie?

Good question about the SC movie ... news just seemed to die down about it. Also interesting observation about there not being a GR movie ... clearly, the original series on the PC would not have lent itself well to a movie given there was no focus on any given character ...

Hmmm ... maybe that's what all this push to create a veritable one-man hero out of that mind numbingly annoying Mitchell character is all about?? It all makes sense now. <_<