Desert M4 and M16

Parabellum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow,

Para, I'm more in awe with the characters than I amt he weapons. I'm not a big fan of the colors you chose, but it looks hot none-the-less.

Maybe you can share how to do that with me? :D

These are my personal faves for the camo (the 2nd one needs to be toned down, but it's the only shot I have uploaded):

m4base_t.jpgm4basedesspray_t.jpg

m4basebeauty.jpg

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Wow!!!! Para...Simply Superb!

I haven't been able to really check on the forums cause skool just started and all that :P But the screenies are simply awesome, love the look of the cammo M4 and M16.

I hope you release them in a weapon mod soon :o=

On a side note, I should be getting DSL before the weekend :rocky: so I'll be on a mod downloading spree and maybe a few late night MP games...gotta brush up on the skills first :D

Para, i would have sent them yesterday, but i am awaiting a Cocobolo's e-mail, granting me permission to use somthing... i tried and tired for Oakleys, it didnt work out... other than that, theyre ready to go.. i'll send ya the SEAL t'night, and if i can, Delta, i opened 10th, and he needs some touchin up.

The new ren looks awesome man, this is really cool. perhaps you should talk to dugite, as he is makin somthing similiar.

@ KlausHenkel: See your 3dsm tutorials, particularly those that deal with bone structure and animation. Also see the character import/export tutorial at Piggyson's site.

@ *AF*=Wind=: I've actually got them in 2048x1536, I just need to upload them and possibly reduce them to 1024x768, depending on how big the filesizes are.

@ avey2904: The process can vary, depending on what you want to do. It generally seems to take me about 5 or 6 hours to do a small scene like the desert scene or the guys in front of the wall. I've got a couple of other scenes that I'm working on that have 12+ hours each, and are only about 25% done. Regarding why people haven't done this before, I think it's because it takes too long. If I were cranking out 300 - 700 poly weapons (like most people), it would only take me an hour or two at most to make them - it takes alot more time to set up the characters and scene than it would to make most weapons. Of course, my weapon models take 16 - 20 hours to make, so it's more worth it for me.

OK, I uploaded some 2048x1536 images of the desert scene.

Shot One - The first image, with the kneeling guy close to the camera

Shot Two - A closer shot of Ramirez (standing) and the guy who's reloading

Shot Three - All three soldier, from the right; same as the second image posted in this thread

I'm trying to get my gallery page up and running, so folks can just go to the page, see the thumbs, and select the image that they want to see. But my web-authoring skills are laughable at best.

Edited by Parabellum

Hacker Hunt (check the link in my sig).

@Para, I can't wait to see some more with some custom models. Those are GREAT screens, I'd like to learn that myself... that's the whole reason I began modding, lol.

Just you wait. I've got something up my sleeve, er, ... on the desktop right now.

Awesome awesome stuff.

So to learn this we gotta master bones/verticies and then Animaitons within 3DSM right?

Oh, what version are you using (sorry if I missed this)?

No, you don't need to learn animation, unless you want to actually film a scene. You just need to learn about bones and vertices. I'm actually learning animation, and posing the characters is a first step. But learning how and why bones work together, as well as different techniques and solvers is very important, IMHO.