No Easy Day has gone beta

Cobra6

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure all of you at DTD mods are tired of people in the community telling you that they can't wait for this mod to be released. But WOW!! Great job thus far!! I myself am working on a mod, CIA/Special Activity Staff, and have followed this mod because of the close resemblance. Anyway, I read in the DTD forums about new screenshots/wallpaper(s). Are those available to the public? Can't wait to get this mod!! :D

ej  u gotta contact cocobolo for that stuff

he didnt want us handin it out atleast me

hmmm.... :unsure:

what did i ever do  :wacko:

j/k  :D

Ahh, thanks man.

But one of the things I like about the mod are the menu screens. Very sharp, and leaves me to wonder where they get these pics...

Edited by EricJ

I personally would like to see the .chrs and weapons released first then the misison add-ons come later. As I stated before, I am working on a CIA/SAS mod and that is what I plan on doing. I went back to the DTD forum site and didn't find the poll :wacko: That's my 2¢ :D

I prefer a single pack with a campaign and not a later add-on. Sorry mehn_15   :P

Hey, I understand :rolleyes: I'm just looking at it from both sides of the coin. As someone who is in the middle of creating a mod, I want to release it as soon as all the bugs, etc are ironed out. But then as a gamer, I want it released asap :D . In my opinion, you can't go wrong either way.

Edited by mehn_15

• 4 weeks later...

Time for an update: The following news is taken from Cocobolo Ops

Drop by our Forums for a bit more intel if you haven't already -

11.06.03>Here's the rundown!

The missions to be included in DTD's No Easy Day modification are outlined as follows, not necessarily in order. No names for the missions have been finalized, and the descriptions are not the actual briefing texts for them. There are some which have not been described here, but don't worry!

1. Hamid Karzai rescue mission: Karzai and a DELTA CAG protection team are ambushed while passing thru a village in southeastern Afghanistan, about 28 kilometers south of Khowst, about 50km west of the Pakistan border. You are inserted by helo and must defend the area for a preset amount of time, with waves of hostiles engaging from all directions. Karzai must then be evacuated to the extraction point for helo extract. Mission by Flanker56

2. Syrian spy capture mission: Unrest boils over in southern Saudi Arabia. Kahmis Mushayt is the location, an all out street war has broken out among local groups/militia, heavily influenced by foreign agents in the area. DELTA spotters have located a Syrian agent and his protection detail holed up in a building in the middle of the chaos, waiting for extract. This agent is a major player/instigator and has operated in Iraq as well as the Palestinian territories, and has close ties to terror groups. We want to grab him before he slips away, we're not here to help the Saudis, but we need to have a conversation with this guy on our terms. The mission is to slip in, grab him, and head out for extraction while avoiding rioters, and hostiles in the area. Mission by Flanker56

3. Warlords mission: Adventures on the wrong side of the Pakistani border. DELTA spotters on the scene are awaiting arrival of representatives of 3 factions, 2 Afghani warlord groups and an Iranian Intel operative. Warlord groups inside Afghanistan are attempting to solidify their power, and control of the southern Afghan region may be up for grabs if  these groups continue to escalate violence in the area. The Iranians would love nothing more than to see that. We need to bug the meeting place before they get there,  record the meeting, and grab all 3 of them before they can leave. They will have plenty of security in the area, so that will have to be dealt with before we can extract them. Mission by Mamon

4. Smuggling bust mission: An elite Iranian military detachment is working with  terror cells across northeastern Oman and U.A.E., smuggling nuclear by-products and chemical agents into Iran and ultimately, Iraq. They are using an oil refinery as a cover drop/point, and shipments are received and sent out from this location in trucks, bound for ships waiting in the gulf. HUMINT gave us a lead on a big load, and we're going in to grab principle agents and seize what's left after gunships go in first. Mission by Mamon

5. In plain sight mission: Capture a Cleric (Egyptian national) in Cyprus, in a crowded market environment. Said Cleric is meeting with associates after making deals across central Iraq, attempting to import foreign fighters in unprecedented numbers. He's with a security detail and the market area is full of potential combatants, the area is a known Hizbollah stronghold, and we think he's trying to convince them to make a major commitment in Iraq. Avoid civilian casualties and intercept the Cleric and his associates in the marketplace, capture the principles and extract them all alive. Mission by X69RZX (Another mission is in the works, and X has also scripted a capture the flag MP game as well!)

6. Terror cells from across the Iranian border have organized with local Iraqi loyalists to detonate a Dam on the Tigris river, south of Diyarbakir, inside southeastern Turkey. They plan to blow the dam with a large explosive charge, which will be detonated by  several suicide bombers. If they are alerted to your presence, they will blow the dam.  Infiltrate the dam and prevent the detonation, then rescue the dam workers being held hostage in one of the control buildings.. watch out for snipers. Mission by Hantrox (Another mission in the works!)

• 3 weeks later...

Big. Fat. BUMP

Anyone heard any news regarding the beta test? I thought this one was to have a short <read: 4 month> beta test :( . I'm a giant fan of DTD, and there hasn't been an update since 20031106. I saw the mission teasers on the DTD website. I, along with others have been drooling over this one since it's announcement, many moons ago.

Any beta testers care to shed some light on what's going on?

Hoos

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

anyone know if the mod is ready for d/l...read somewhere that the planned release date was Friday Dec. 12...i just checked the DTD site...nothing new yet :unsure:

i'll check again after i get off shift...i actually brought my gr cd's to the hospital today since i'm on nights and working with another gr junkie...but no luck so far..its still quiet here and i still have 3.5 hours left out of my 12 hour shift..keeping my fingers crossed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello all,

anyone know if the mod is ready for d/l...read somewhere that the planned release date was Friday Dec. 12...i just checked the DTD site...nothing new yet :unsure:

i'll check again after i get off shift...i actually brought my gr cd's to the hospital today since i'm on nights and working with another gr junkie...but no luck so far..its still quiet here and i still have 3.5 hours left out of my 12 hour shift..keeping my fingers crossed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I feel for you m8. I haven't been able to sleep since December 11, I've been way too excited for this mod. Probably going to be a problem in the future twoaijwojtiajowtgoiwgoan

*falls asleep at keyboard*

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn: