Whats up with everyone using....

Burke

I'd need a better explanation than 'because it does' before I'll accept what you've said i'm afraid. Since all the server has to do is plot where it was fired from to where it lands and check if anything is in the way I find it surprising that it should cause any lag - i've never experienced this on the servers I play on.

You're not mistaking this with FPS (frames per second) are you? I.e. you screen 'slows down' when a nade goes off.

Lag is when your connection can't send/receive the data fast enough and has the effect that the guy you are shooting at is in fact 3 seconds 'in the future' to where you see him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I belive this "M16 lags servers" thing. How can that gun do it, but the 20 some other ones can't...? :blink:

Sounds like a rumor, because I can't see how shooting a M16 can cause lag, but shooting three 30 round mags in full auto off M4 dosn't.

ya they should have a "no oicw option." sa80 has enough limitations so im fine with it. i like the m4/9mmsd combo for close combat. the sa 9mm uzi and sa 9mm for really close combat, the sr25sd and 9mmsd for stealth ops, the socom m4 all around. every now and then ill bust out the 50 cal sniper rifle just for good measure. :ph34r:

because it does, im not technical, but it does it in the same way that the OICQ/GL does.

The oicw lags only when using the auto gl on it, its annoying too. i prefer the good old M24/M9SD combo when in a relax mood, i use the oicw (no gl version) quite alot but thats cuz using the m16 or the ak47 on large maps will make the game almost impossible but i tend to use the MP5SD since its my all time fave (been using it when we didnt have DS and IT).

btw, isnt "cobblers" an english soccer team (2nd div?).

I cant stand OICW user it's always the idiots who nade spam and can't see further than their hand. <_< I usually use the M4 and SA80 but recently the FN FAL 7.62mm in MP it's a rite laugh!

But I've said soooo many times about the people that use OICW's the guys who can't be bothered to use good tactics and marksmenship :o= also the A-91 is v.v.good in single shot aint it party boy!!!!!!!!!! :shifty: EDIT also the AK47 is bloody amazing on full auto!

Edited by Ave Ittt

^ truth..

In my opinion the two best overall weapons are the An-94, and the FN-FAL.

the AN-94 is extremely accurate, with 3 modes of fire, and is completely brutal on fully auto.

The FAL, although has a slow stabilization time, has insanely good accuracy, and is also brutal on fully auto.