HK's MP7

Parabellum

I was speaking with David Crane of Defense Review on the phone this morning, and he told me about an article he did on the MP7, where he actually got to handle and fire the prototype. It's very, very cool! I also obtained David's permission to use sound samples from his video in my mods. Also very cool.

Anyway, I was amazed at how little recoil the MP7 has. You can see that David isn't a big guy, but the gun still doesn't affect him much.

Always been sceptical to PDW-weapons... Any data on it´s abilities to negotiate soft-targets? or will the rounds just pass on through without as much as an urge to scratch?

Truthfully, I don't know. I don't think anybody outside of HK's engineers knows. It supposedly is very similar in performance to HK's SS190 round, but with better terminal effectiveness.

In addition to comparisons with the FN Herstal P90, a few units that use the P90 have stated that if the weapon or magazine is dropped from a medium height, then the magazine will not feed the rounds properly, therefore disabling the weapon

This maybe hearsay, but who knows.

a few units that use the P90 have stated that if the weapon or magazine is dropped from a medium height, then the magazine will not feed the rounds properly, therefore disabling the weapon

I think that's what you get for using such an unusual Mag design, it has many benifits (such as large capacity and being very easy to get at) but can also have some problems ........ but the solution is easy, just don't drop your gun :D

CLARK

You better not hit anyone with the riflebutt either...

But a gun have to survivie and be usefull even if you tremble and fall over...

As of right now, it doesn´t seem to do so and thus, no soldier with selfrespect would like to have one.

You better not hit anyone with the riflebutt either...

That would be rather hard with a P-90 compaired to other guns ......

But a gun have to survivie and be usefull even if you tremble and fall over...

As of right now, it doesn´t seem to do so and thus, no soldier with selfrespect would like to have one.

yah, even though you hope it woun't happen with your life on the line you don't want to take any chances ..... Give me an M-4 or MP-5 :rocky:

CLARK

Sounds cool man. Perhaps you can ask David, next time you speak, about the RROC carbine? It seems to very interesting, but besides abit of info on Defence review, there isn't much about it out there.

There's another article that, I believe, is from Guns and Weapons from Law Enforcement, which is the only other source of information I've seen detailing the RROC upper.