Hammer to Fall

Rocky

I just finished playing HTF and I really liked it! I had no problems with sound. But some of the rocks look pointy, but that didn't bother me. I had all my settings on high, and my res at 800X600. Shadows on low. Blood on, show dead bodies on too. Anyway, I did notice that you get a message saying that you did the "task" each time you did something, and I went on with the mission, and when I got to the extraction point I got the "check" objectives note, and was able to exit the game. Oh, I did have the problem of not being able to move the squads around, but I felt this was sort of a "good" thing as I was more on top of the squads than normal. Soooooo, it kinda added to a "suspense" to the mission, Ya know?

One more thing, what is the file called "second chance" How does this come into play? Thanks! Good stuff!

Jim

I played the whole mission using a pair of 3-d glasses and it looked awesome, especially the tunnel coming out to the footbridge and down into the running water - great stuff.

You and your 3D-glasses!

Look what you made me do... work double shift so I can afford one. :angry:

Mine should arrive in a week

I agree with Rocky's Review, great map, with varying terrains. Various positions for your Sniper for cover. Using the terrain for cover, instead of "highlighting" your men in the horizon was advantageous.

Extra fun having set up Enemis into chasing me into the cave only to lob grenades (via M203) at them. Haven't mastered the claymores yet.

Mission wise, haven't got to the Helo pad, yet. Still figuring out how to kill the reinforcements with very little contact/firefight/ammo..

Will try some more when I get chance....

Q: Could I get across the river? havent tried it yet

:blink:

You have to skirt the river line, and you'll come upon a big rock, towards the east of the map is the entrance. Nice touch. BTW, Zatoichi, you may want to make the "suprise" at the Extraction Zone hidden, because I reconned it with a 203 grenade, and ensured no surprises (I killed all with one, was a good shot). But the only problems were of course not the ability to control squads (though now that I think about it, was kinda cool, since you figured out how to fire and maneuver without the AI possibly messing it up. Additionally, it would happen, with the volume of fire the enemy was putting out, constantly suppressed my guys). Though yeah, didn't run it at higher settings, so had the blocks. Sound no problem, just that near the compound, the amount of firing by the AI kinda made my speakers scream with pain. Also, near the compound, and after that, I had unlimited ammunition. I don't know if that's for the enemies, but I didn't have to worry about running out of ammo.... Otherwise good mission!

Great map :D

My only complaints are the same amount of hostile soldiers on Veteran and Elite levels. I raised the enemies sight out to 100 meters since it was only set on 60. I like the bad guys to see me from a distance.

I also didn't like that there were enemies right upon insertion into the mission. All your stupid Artificial Intelligence players seem to get killed pretty fast when you have no time to organize them.

But I hope you continue to make missions. This one was just awesome! :ph34r:

There are spots where it works and doesn't work. Like on the bend in the road leading to the radar dish, you can at least put it there. Plus the initial start leading to the mission. As said, good mission, just have to work around it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just go to page one of "this" mod review, and there is a link to "fileplanet" right in the first post. It is a 6 MB download. BTW, I really liked this mission, even with the "bugs". They didn't bother me, as I thought the mission was designed so you could not move the squads around. :o

Jim

Edited by JimM