Who makes up the Pentagon?

Copenhagen

I'm not too sure but is it -

1. Army

2. Navy

3. Air Force

4. Coast Guard

5. ???

What's the 5th one (if that's the correct list)? Is it Marines?

really runed by Navy and Army fith eliment?

Air Force and Cost Guard ? also there to help fiith although part of Navy possible Marines, don't quote me

While the Marines haven't found the courage to cut the apron strings from the Navy yet, ;) , they too have their own offices in the Pentegon. Seperate from the Navy that is, if I am not mistaken.

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

While the Marines haven't found the courage to cut the apron strings from the Navy yet, ;) , they too have their own offices in the Pentegon. Seperate from the Navy that is, if I am not mistaken.

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

yes your right I wasn't sure I knew they are still part of Navy, but now they have a five star General I belive

All the US Military services are at the Pentagon, as well as civilian workers, CIA, NSA, DOD, and others, just to name a few. Im pretty sure NASA also has personnel there.

And guys, lets try not to turn this into another USMC/Navy bash fest. We have threads in Humor for that. :rocky:

All the US Military services are at the Pentagon, as well as civilian workers, CIA, NSA, DOD, and others, just to name a few.  Im pretty sure NASA also has personnel there.

And guys, lets try not to turn this into another USMC/Navy bash fest.  We have threads in Humor for that.  :rocky:

SOTOPhantm, your right, but I think he meant about the five sides of the Pentagon, counting for the five branches of armed forces, if I'm not mistaking

Edited by AO3_Chucky

The 5 branches of the military include the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and in time of war, The Coast Guard (though this branch falls under the Transportation Department.)

Yes, although (not sure if I read WhiteKnight correctly) the Cost Guard normaly falls under to DoT (Department of Transportation) but in time of war is chopped to the DoD.

I also think SOCOM is a sort of "5th branch" or whatever (I guess 6th if you count the CG) but I'm not entirly sure about that.

CLARK

Actually, during peacetime the Coast Guard is now part of the Homeland Security Department. It was under the DoT but was moved as part of the new reorginization plan for the DHS run by Tom Ridge.

intersting ..... did not know that, makes sence though .........

(I am not smarter than I saw 30 seconds ago :P )

CLARK