Max error

Marcinko

nope, unistalled c-dilla, deleted the folder, unsinstalled max, deletd everything but my plugins, and scenes folder, and it still doesnt work.

You need to remove all references to C-Dilla and Max from your registry. Then try it again. If worst comes to worst, contact Discreet support or go to their forums and look for help. I'd tend to choose the latter, as it's easier to find the answer you need quickly.

EDIT

Here's a snippet from the Max 5 readme file

Under certain circumstances, the software lock components might not get installed properly. If after you install 3ds max 5, you get errors [7.1.29] or [19.1.93] when starting the program, it is an indication that the software lock components are not running. First, try rebooting the machine. If that fails, make sure (under Microsoft® Windows NT or Windows 2000) that you are logged on as Administrator of the computer, and then (1) Go to the folder labeled \3dsmax5\swl and run cdsetup.exe; (2) click Install; (3) when the installation is complete, click Exit and reboot before launching 3ds max again.

I don't know if that helps you, but it's worth a shot. I know I had some issues with this when I got Max 5. Max's new software locks are better than the old hardware locks, but they're still buggy and unnecessary in my opinion.

Edited by Parabellum

I'm tryin it now, thanks a million Para :D

EDIT:Tried the swl folder thingy, nada, looked for the forums, couldt find em :stupid:

i've tried deleting the key before, but that was before i reformated, i suppose i can try again, such a pain in the * :wall:

Edited by Marcinko

I found Discreet's answer for you. There's no direct link to the page, so I've copied the text and pasted it below.

On launching 3ds max, the following error message is displayed:

"A component of the software license is not available. The program will exit. [Code 1]"

This error may occur suddenly on a system that has otherwise been working without errors.

Problem:

The error indicates that some of the installed DLLs or EXEs are either missing, corrupt or damaged. Product support has determined that a common cause of this is that your system has become infected with a virus, based on many reports received to date about infections from the W32.Klez or W32.PINIFI viruses. For more information on the W32.Klez virus, click here.

This is especially likely if attempts to remove and reinstall the C-Dilla RTS has not resolved the problem.

Solution:

Identify and remove all viruses and infected files with an anti-virus tool. There are several available for trial download via the Internet.

Once the virus has been removed, uninstall C-Dilla from the system. For detailed instructions on uninstalling C-Dilla, please refer to technical document FAQ #479: Un-installing and re-installing the C-Dilla license

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Note: Deleting the C:\C_Dilla folder (which contains your license files) is unnecessary as the license files are not typically infected. Deleting this folder will require you to repair and reauthorize 3ds max with Discreet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reinstall the C-Dilla software. We recommend you visit the discreet support website and download the most recent version of the C-Dilla RTS: it can be found in the download section at http://www.discreet.com/support/max

Reboot the computer after installing the updated C-Dilla software.

Launch 3ds max.

Since the virus may have also infected some 3ds max files, we also recommend that you uninstall and then reinstall 3ds max should you have any problems. To uninstall 3ds max, insert your 3ds max installation CD and run the installation program. When prompted, choose 'remove' to uninstall 3ds max. Be sure to backup any data prior to deleting the 3ds max folders.

Hopefully, that will help you clear things up.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :o:o:o:o:o:o

This was what was wrong with my 3DSM program (it was a free demo from Discreet) and I had that virus Win32.PINFI.....I have been wondering what was wrong....sweet....oh boy.....maybe it will work now.....sweet

Hopefully so. What are the limitations of the demo?

The limitations of the Max 5 demo... 30 day trial. i had it as well, which is what compelled me to get max, i could export and everything with it, i've heard of people saying that one couldnt, well... i could.

Cool. Being such hard-noses, I figured that Discreet's trial would be very feature-limited. Perhaps if Discreet spent as much time developing their software as they do protecting it, it wouldn't be so darned buggy.

**For those who have yet to discover, Max can be quite unstable**

how do i do that?

How do you do what? Auto-Increment saves? Got to 'Customize' --> 'Preferences' -->, click on the 'File' tab, and put a check in the 'Increment On Save' box. Then Max will save your files as yourfile01, yourfile02, etc. That way, if you somehow cause a scene to be unopenable again in Max, you'll have a previous scene to fall back to. I personally save before each rendering or other major operation.

Thank You :D

I personally save before each rendering or other major operation.
me too, as max is very unstable when going between operations like that. :wall:

Yes it is, and notoriously so. But, to be fair, Discreet recommends that you have a dual-Pentium 4 or dual-Athlon processor system, and 1GB of RAM. I know that I don't meet those requirements.

lol, hell no, even if i had the money, i still don think i'd envest it on all that, maybe the ram, the dual stuff is out.

I'd invest in it, for sure. I didn't buy my software so that I could mod video games. I bought my software to make money, and a really nice system would further than endeavour.

At my age, one has better thing to invest money in, lol, cars, all that good stuff. lookin to get a Tokyo Mauri M4A1 RIS, very soon infact.

I'm looking into upgrading to Max 6.0 when I get out of the Police Academy and get a little more money in the bank.

:)