Ghost Recon.net Forums

fed up with creative audio drivers ?

many of us have had issues with soundblaster cards over the years whether its EAX issues or just plain dodgy drivers, well after almost throwing my sb cards away in frustration i stumbled across a site that offers an alternative driver for the live 5.1 and audigy cards and to be totaly honest after getting used to the diferent lay out of the software im hooked.

the sound quality is amazing full surround and digital man i cant say enough go look at these guys site try it for your self.

this is an ongoing project to allow us the users to get the most out of our hardware i know i wont be changing back to sb drivers.

http://kxproject.spb.ru/intro.php

several months ago while dealing with creative tech help i was told to try a beta driver to use with promises that it will solve my issues ,i gave them feedback on the software but they havent released the full verion driver yet thats weird, unless there is issues they still cant fix.

but man i have to say after a night of music movies and fragging im total happy with these new drivers

<_<

I've had long standing issues with Creative drivers so I tried the KX set............No difference! They worked but so does the SB driver issues dated 31.08.2001 (3509.1.00) and EAX and Surround Sound and Dolby 5.1 encoding.

M.

<_<

I've had long standing issues with Creative drivers so I tried the KX set............No difference! They worked but so does the SB driver issues dated 31.08.2001 (3509.1.00) and EAX and Surround Sound and Dolby 5.1 encoding.

M.

My stereo image was highly compressed, and sound quality was, in my opinion, poor with the Kx drivers. I'll just have to stay with the subpar SBLive! drivers.

weird maybe each configuration has diferent issues and results, so far im happy only thing i can think off is im using a pioneer 400 watt home surround system and not a pc speaker set whether that has any bearing im not sure, ill have to run a test using the wifes 4.1 set and see

weird maybe each configuration has diferent issues and results, so far im happy only thing i can think off is im using a pioneer 400 watt home surround system and not a pc speaker set whether that has any bearing im not sure, ill have to run a test using the wifes 4.1 set and see

I mainly use headphones. I dunno. Just not my cup 'o tea I guess. Glad to hear that they're rocking for you though.

No wonder you can hear me coming from a mile away!!!!!!!!!! :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:<_<

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

No wonder you can hear me coming from a mile away!!!!!!!!!! :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:<_<

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

That's my biggest complaint with the Kx drivers - they don't seem to support occlusion and distance effects. In OFP, a helicopter that's 1Km away sounds like it's right beside me if I use the Kx drivers. Also, though it's not a complaint, the Kx drivers seem to have a 'warmer' almost analog sound, in comparison to the SBLive! drivers. I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's how I experienced it.

I, for one, have actually had decent experience with the Creative Drivers. Granted, I'm using the Audigy 2, but the Driver Pack 3 is working pretty good. Realistic spectral/imaging effects too.

Guess I just lucked out. :yes:

I, for one, have actually had decent experience with the Creative Drivers. Granted, I'm using the Audigy 2, but the Driver Pack 3 is working pretty good. Realistic spectral/imaging effects too.

Guess I just lucked out. :yes:

At least you get new drivers. Creative hasn't updated their SBLive! drivers in 3 years.

well the beta drivers i tried were closer to audigy 2 from what im told and they ran GR flawlessly great sound no issues at all, the problem is that i play other games including earth and beyond which has had an annoying weapons sound almost a shriek all other sounds are fantastic its just annoying to go into battle with weapons screaming.

hopefully creative will have a fresh live and audigy driver by the end of this month, which i was told they are working towards so will will have to see.

@ WH i hear ya coming because of the loud squelching noises you make while sneaking around :devil:

I'm only dangerous with them when my teamates run into a room that I just through a nade into! You on the other hand are a different story at4 newbie.

With that I am done, no sense highjacking this thread any farther. ;)

Stout Hearts

Warhawk