DA 4.9 is available for download

MHJackal

This thread is gonna end up the same as the last 100 on the web...so im gonna say this now...please remember that DA has never said he mods the stuff himself, but that he mods mods..

He is now a part of The Modheads, and I support him 100% in his endeavours. (As long as the proper channels are followed and people get given credit for the awesome work they did)...which btw was done in 4.9....a whole page full of it.

It is definately the best compilation out there...and for those who are wondering..work has already begun on DA 5.0, due out in a couple months. :D

Lets get this game back where it belongs...RIGHT UP THERE!!

Jackal out

exactly right. nothing wrong with modding mods as long as the creators of those mods are ok with it and permission is given.

However, that said, elsewhere on this forum I mentioned as another did that if you host GRM/DAGRM (and staffing the "creator" himself qualifies) on the website that we do not want that site hosting our stuff. So, any War of Infamy files, please delete and remove from your website. I won't speak for the others but expect others to say the same.

Thx.

Theme song is more Audioslave's Like a Stone....

I'd say we're pushing it now. :D

Guys, let's please keep this thread clean, and NOT end up like all the rest. We have no proof that any work was stolen from mods with out permission (as of now).

So for now, it's a legitimate mod... and is in the wrong forum.

It's simple. If DA wants to get away from getting attacked all the time he should change the name and layout of the mod to something new. And clearly state that everything is made by him or someone in his team. As long as it has the same name it will be treated the same way as the ones before it.

By just going on it just shows that the person has no repect for anyone. Someone like that would be kicked out of any community.

EDIT: And by having him your team just gives the rest of you a label you may not want so it would be in your own interest to do something about it, wouldn't it.

But by making such a comment regarding the WOI files I guess there are mor rutten appels over there.

Edited by Wolfsong

No Wolfsong..

the point is that I was asked to delete the files, which I have done, with pleasure. If anyone else comes to me and asks me to remove their work from my site..ill do it with pleasure also.

I didnt start offering downloads to take away the business from companies like Fileplanet, but purely to host the stuff we ourselves use in the games we play. So from that point of view there is nothing wrong with what I said.

Dont get me wrong, WOI is a excellent mod, but its not what we use because I dont like "old" weapons or theatres. (Different strokes for different folks).

I repect your comments on giving "us" a bad name, but....guys come on...reality check.. what does a bad name in the gaming community really mean eh? It doesnt pay my bills, and the last time I checked I work for a living and play games for my enjoyment, so really I couldnt care less if somebody took the whole game and re modded it to make it better and more enjoyable.

Its a game like any other, and like I said in my previous post, I am happy to support any modder who will give me what I want....fun and relaxation.

As for the community...I put the mod up on my site at 8 am EST. Without advertising too much, I already had it downloaded 138 times. It is now 12:00pm. People vote with their feet.

Thanks to all other modders who put in the effort to make the maps, weapons mods etc. You give this super game the life blood it so desperately needs. Without you, the GR sites would have had to close down a long time ago, or looked at doing something else. <- Reality

I hope I am not offending anyone, but please guys let it go. Why can't we not all enjoy the fruits of someone's labor????

Thank you,

Jackal out

Theme song is more Audioslave's Like a Stone....

I'd say we're pushing it now. :D

Guys, let's please keep this thread clean, and NOT end up like all the rest. We have no proof that any work was stolen from mods with out permission (as of now).

So for now, it's a legitimate mod... and is in the wrong forum.

Sorry,

didnt know it was posted in the wrong forum.

:stupid:

Geez some of you guys sound like a bunch of tools..

DA is trying to bring back a great game give the guy some credit..

Since some of you know how to mod let me shed some light for you..

There is only so many ways you can do a gun mod for this game and if a few guys who were talented and patient enough to do one already then all you can do is improve on it.What do you want him to do make a gun mod that shoots lasers..

As far as being original is concern then you all failed unless you coded this game arent we all just improveing and modifying someonelse's work.

Move on peeps and direct your frustrations at Red Storm and UBI to make GR2.

Have a hectic day!

13140872743f0953cb616a0.gif

Edited by |Þö®ñ|™Þ®ë-Nööß

The problem with the DAGRM mods is that in the past, he has used parts from other peoples mods without giving due credit. Some he has never asked permission to use and in essence that is stealing. That is why this website has not hosted or provided a link any of "his" previous mods.

If you want to host his mod(s), that is entirely up to you, but until proof can be ascertained that he made this mod without using something that someone else created without credit, we still will not allow linking or posting about hismods here.

This topic is hereby locked until such time that DAGRM 4.9 can be determined to be his work or otherwise. If you have any questions, Rocky can give you the answers.