Ghost Recon.net Forums

Are there any skill point tactic pages out there? Is there a ballance you should shoot for when assigning the points?

Can someone explain what Endurance and Leadership skill point affect?

Also are there any editors out there that will allow you to adjust your skill points. I find it disturbing that the best of the best, are not maxed out in specific skills. Just my thoughts.

-DOA

Athlon 1800

Geforce3 Ti-200

256mb 1700 DDR

Enermax PSU 350w

3dMark2001 = 7354

:o=

If anything here is wrong, feel free to correct me.

Weapons: How good your soldier is with weapons. A soldier with higher weapons skills fires weapons more accurately and it takes less time for the pips to close.

Stealth: How stealthy your soldier is. A soldier with higher stealth is skills is less likely to be detected by enemy AI.

Endurance: How tough your soldier is. A soldier with higher endurance points is capable of taking more shots before dying. You can still be killed with one or two shots, but you are capable of taking more with, say, 8 endurance points then if you had 1 or 2.

Leadership: The soldier with the highest amount of leadership points is the squd leader. For every 3 leadership points the leader has, each of your soldiers gets a 1 point increase in all of their skills.

You can use Igor(Ghost Recon's game editor) to edit soldier skills. It's in your main Ghost Recon directory.

Another way to edit skills is to edit the .atr-file. Each soldier has one (in the actor/rifleman folder).

You can change alot in the actor file:

- name of soldier

- weapon kits he can use

- looks of soldier: face, uniform, model

- armor level

:wall: *And now the guy on the last row streaches his hand for a question*

If all my troopers get one skillpoint extra for every 3 Leadership-points, how can any one explain that the skillscale is in just 8 grades and not 9?

Doesn´t you squad get any better with a leader having 8 points than 6 (´cause you only get the plus for every third...).

Can someone explain this, or is UBI using some weird math´s (like the chinese arithmetics) :wall:

No real explanation for this math. It's just the way RSE decided to implement the leadership skill. I think the idea they were going for was that leadership was harder to earn but the benefits are enormous.

So what you say is that for three, you don´t get any extras, but when you reach 5, I get 1 point + and then another at 8?

That would be one of a way to get "hard to earn" leadership skills.

And then, it might just make sense.

If all my troopers get one skillpoint extra for every 3 Leadership-points, how can any one explain that the skillscale is in just 8 grades and not 9?

Doesn´t you squad get any better with a leader having 8 points than 6 (´cause you only get the plus for every third...).

I think you get 1/3 of a point for each point in leadership.

Probably wrong. :wacko:

Once more, we have 8 skill points, but only uses 6 of them to give the others in the team better skills.

What I want to know is: When I get 6 skillpoints, shall I lay the rest of the points fromt he campaign on weapons and endurance (and stealth)?

Another way to edit skills is to edit the .atr-file. Each soldier has one (in the actor/rifleman folder).

Whoa. I was just fooling around in there and suddenly realized everything in the game that isn't actually binary is XML.

Way cool.