Force Recon Mod

ReconSnake

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything looks great, RS. My only thought as to adjustment on the M16/M4 series would be to edit the texture. If you notice, the photo of the left side of the reciever is off from the color of the rest of the body. The right side is alittle darker and has a blue tone, while the left is light and a grey-ish tone.

Also, I would perhaps work on the camo for the M40A3 abit. The camo looks nice, however it lacks detail (Eg. Shadow, wrinkles, etc), thus not looking very real. All of this is JMHO, mind you. Really like that MP5 ya made.

I take all my screenshots into photoshop and lighten them up, so any slight variations in tone are amplified by the adjustments. All the textures for the m4/m16/commando came directly off colt's pics and were darkened to the same degree. I don't brighten the screenshots to the same degree, I just use the slider until I am happy with the amount of detail shown, which is why some shots might appear lighter/darker than others. - I can't stand it when people post screenshots that are so dark you can't really make anything out.

I understand that compleatly, however, the sides still don't match very well, because the photographs (I have them as well) are not identical in their setup and how they were taken. All of the shots from the left are mostly lighter, and, when you take the left reciever and mix it with the right side of the forearm,stock, etc, it makes a big contrast.

It's no big deal, but the left reciever just doesn't match, IMO, as well to the other parts (Especially the pistol grip) as good as the right does.

Edited by Piccolo

maybe you're having the same problem as I am, monitor calibration.

Please don't quote me, I take x-rays for a living, i see black n white 12 hrs a day...my eyes are messed up. :wacko:

So when I retouch something on Photoshop and upload it...most PC at work dont show up the same as mine at home...

just my 2 cents.

Why don't any of the M-4.M-16s have a RIS on the hand-guard? is Force Recon not using those yet? (You would think they would be .......... )

How many more weapons are you going to do? Are you going to redo the M-67 modle? (that would be sweet)

CLARK

Will the M-72 replace the M-136 or will it be an additional rocket launcher for anti-personell use (like for rifleman perhaps?) since the M-72 is just about worthless against modern takns and IFVs.

can't wait for those RIS M-4s .... will the be M-4A1s or A2s (not much of a differance I know)

CLARK

Will the M-72 replace the M-136 or will it be an additional rocket launcher for anti-personell use (like for rifleman perhaps?) since the M-72 is just about worthless against modern takns and IFVs.

The M72 is effective against most of the same armor targets a M136 is (the m136 can penetrate an additional 100mm or so, but both fall short of knocking out a modern MBT). Multiple hits from an M72 are effective against medium armor (2 being a recommended number from acute angles.) In addition the M72 is far lighter, making it ideal for use in most covert AO's where MBT are rarely encountered but light armor/ technicals are very abundant. Having said all that, yes it will replace the M136